“First Class!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Texas
“First Class!!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Awesome!!! This General Manager gets it!!! He should train other Marriott's. You think you are at a resort the minute you walk in and you are welcomed. This managers training is reflected throughout the staff. I went during graduation and had called early to upgrade my room and they were happy to. So happy I went back again a few months later. They cater to the local businesses and it is reflected in there morning and evening meals. How smart. One night they were even grilling hamburgers on the grill by the pool for us. Over heard many wonderful comments from the other hotel guest. Way to go....keep up the wonderful work it pays off. Will visit this property again.

Room Tip: Higher floor you are near I-35 but not a problem
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank chesterTexas
Grant1234, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words, and for choosing to stay with us. Our team works very hard day in and day out to ensure a great stay for all of our guests and I am so happy to hear that you experianced that while with us.

Residence Inn Austin North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Gamboa, Panama
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

The staff and the quality is very good. They have good dinner service after a day of work. The staff even remeberd my name. Hope to go back soon. The place is close to different restaurants and also good shopping places

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank guille1580
Grant1234, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is truly our goal each and everyday to provide and excellent guest experience and I am pleased we have done so in your case. We know you have options in your extended stay hotel selections, and it means the world that you chose our hotel. If I can be of service in anyway for future stays please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you so much for your time and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012

A friendly hotel with all the normal Residence Inn facilities. Its close to the 35 but never had any issues with noise other than the air con unit in ever room. As the aircon is just for your room you can turn it off. Breakfast is OK, nothing special being just the normal Residence Inn two hot and a selections of other dishes.

Its not in the best part of town so make sure you leave nothing in your car! Down town is 20-30 minutes away so if you want to same the Austin night life choose another hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Grant1234, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We understand your time is valuable, and the fact that you took the time out of your day to give us a positive review means so much to myself and the entire team. I also want to thank you for sharing with everyone the need to stow your valuables, while the hotel is in what almost all would consider a good area right next to Dell and Samsung world headquarters), car break-ins are something that plague many areas, good and bad, all across Austin. In fact many times the better areas are targeted more based on the fact those areas typically have higher end good for theives to target. We highly encourage all guests to not leave anything of value in their vehicles, 95% of the time when a car is broken into at any hotel it is becuase a GPS, laptop, ipad, or somthing else of value has been left in plan sight, these instances are almost always easily preventable. Again I am so glade that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you so much for helping to educate our guests and the compliments paid to our staff. If I can be of aid in any way please do not hesitate to ask. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Austin, and have a wonderful day.

Lake Wales, Florida
Reviewed August 5, 2012

...and the room and amenities were great, too. The staff is the most courteous, helpful staff I've encountered at a "chain" hotel in a very long time. From the moment you step inside until you check out, they clearly want their guests to have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Grant1234, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Cindy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, it is my belief that people do make the difference, and I am glade to hear that our staff was able to do that for you. Reviews like yours truly make not only my day but that of the entire team, and I will be sure to share you kind words with all of them. Thank you again for you time in filling out this review, it really does mean the world. If you need anything or I can be of assistance in anyway please feel free to contact me directly, and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Swindon UK
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We arrived tired and hungry during a seemingly endless business tour of the USA.
Unfortunately we missed the complementary dinner and so I hit the kiosk (why don't all hotels have these ?). On attempting to pay for my goodies I was told that as we had just missed dinner then they were 'on the house' ! Texas hospitality !

The rooms were spacious with a separate sitting area and kitchen. Everything was spotless.
The staff were unfailingly polite and helpful.

This is how a hotel should be run .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank McGuinty
Grant1234, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. I am glade that we were able to provide you with some Texas hospitality, after all that is what it is all about. When we are able to provide you with those pleasant surprises that put a smile on your face (particularly when its a tired one) just seeing your reaction is truly why we come to work day in and day out. I always tell people "what a great job we have, we get to come to work and make people happy" I am glade we were able to do so in your case. Thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback it really does mean the world to us, and if i can ever be of assistance never hesitate to ask. Thank you for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Upgraded room for special occasion. Sent us an email shortly after checkin to welcome us. Room was very nice and clean. Good location for relaxing by pool and also had a walking trail close by...overall a great stay..Sales Manager very personable and caring!! Thanks Matt..

• Stayed June 2012
Grant1234, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a survey, people dont always know how much these responses mean to us, and how much we appreciate your loyalty. So wanted to say a big heart felt thank you from myself and the entire team here at the Residence Inn Austin North. I am elated that we could in some way, have a positive impact on you and your families special day. Our goal is to always provide amazing, friendly, and personalized service, and it is always reassuring to hear that we have succeded. I will pass on your positive comments to Matt and the entire team. Thank you again for your time, and for choosing our hotel, it means the world to all of us.

Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The amazing staff at this Residence Inn bumps my rating way up. I've never seen anything like it. We stayed for two and a half weeks, and they all went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. I'm almost embarrassed by all our requests...I asked about cookies one evening, and they made a fresh batch. I asked about hot chocolate and the young woman in the dining room made a carafe full for me the next day that I shared with the children at the next table. After that I always found hot chocolate near the teas and I was given a full box to take to my room. My husband asked for a night light and they promptly tracked one down.
The hot breakfast was good, but the free hot dinner several nights as well? That I've never seen before. That was a convenience several times. And a basket in our room with free candy, popcorn, detergent, etc. So nice.
The location worked for me, right off highway 35, close to Mopac, and very close to my son and grandchildren.

Room Tip: Our one-bedroom was the same price as a suite. Made it easy for one of us to sleep early.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Grant1234, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Good Afternoon Margaret,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. I am truly grateful that you were able to share your wonderful interactions with our staff on Trip Advisor. I also wanted to take a moment to thank you for all your requests. Many people don’t realize that in the hospitality industry, information is key, and your requests gave us the chance to provide you with the type of stay that you wanted, and after all that really is our goal every day, to provide each and every guest with an experience tailored to what they are looking for in a hotel and its team. We very much enjoyed having you with us, and look forward to seeing you soon (and we will make sure there are plenty of cookies and hot chocolate!). Please feel free to contact me or any member of our team, if there is ever anything you need. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.
Cordially