All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskfull service hotelplatinum membernice hotelon site restaurantgreat businessindoor poolthe hotel offersoff the highwayshuttle serviceking roomclose to downtownnice stayeasy accessparking garagedefinitely stay here again
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I just spent three nights at this Marriott. Lobby service was good. The hotel is well appointed. The room was adequate and the bathroom was a bit small. Graet shower, comfortable bed, and a small fridge neatly concealed in the dresser. Located adjacent to I-35, access to downtown is a short 15 minute drive. There are restaurants in the area, though most are on the opposite side of the freeway. The hotel has a restaurant. I didn't eat there, however I had a meal while sitting in the bar area/lounge. Service was slow, though there were a minimal number of people present. On a bright note, the food was good. As you approach the hotel along the access road the entryway and signage are hard to see and blocked by large plants/bushes. Look for the other Marriot brand hotels and turn into their driveway. You can drive through their parking lot to the Marriott. There is a subway next door should you feel like taking a short walk across the parking lot. Also ther is a small amount of parking available under the hotel if you choose to park inside. I would recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
bhaas, General Manager at Austin Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2010

Very happy to hear about the details of your recent stay with us at the Austin Marriott. We pride ourselves on quality and cleanliness and it is great to hear that we succeeded in your case. I do plan on following up with my F&B team regarding the service in the restaurant to be sure that does not happen again. Again, I am glad your overall stay was positive and hope we see you again in Austin soon. Brad Haas - General Manager

Reviewed September 7, 2010

for the price, it was a good deal, but i had booked this room almost 2 months in advance, i booked a double bed, but when i arrived to check in, i was informed they only had a king bed. I entered in the side door, and outside right at the doors was a dead bird, and and broken egg. the room itself was pretty clean except for a couple of hairs in the tub, my friend picked me up to have dinner, and wwhen we were returning, we almost got hit by the shuttle van that was on its last run of the night. i informed the front desk and they did appear apologetic, overall it was fine, but not as good as my other marriot experiences.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review of your recent stay at the Austin Marriott. While we try daily to honor all requests unfortunately room types such as Double beds are not always something we can guarantee. I understand your frustration and can assure you that we will continue to everything we can to handle these better in the future. I have also shared your room concerns with our housekeeping staff. We pride ourselves on superior cleanliness and will be sure this is addressed during our next training session. Thanks you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay and I hope you will try us again in the future. Brad Haas - General Manager

Reviewed August 13, 2010

Stayed at this Marriott in Austin. Looks like the hotel was renovated a few years back, so both public areas and rooms are nicely furnished and maintained. The attitude of the staff was incredibly courteous and accommodating - each day, as we were traveling with small infant, we requested our room to be cleaned by a certain time, and they obliged each time.

There is limited parking outside of the hotel. However, a nice find on the 2nd night was the underground parking lot (free) - a nice benefit to keep out of the hot Texas sun.

The one caveat I have is the lack of WiFi in the hotel guest room (thus the 3 star rating for room). They do have wired access, but no WiFi in an Austin hotel seems rather odd. Hopefully they'll add it soon.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
bhaas, General Manager at Austin Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Input from our guest's is what allows us to improve daily. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the accomodations and service you received during your visit. I am also taking into consideration your note regarding WiFi access. We try to accomodate the needs of all our travelers and at this time offer HSIA in our rooms and free WiFi in our lobby, restaurant and lounge area. Thank you again for providing me with this valuable information and I look forward to meeting you upon your next visit to Austin.
Brad Haas - General Manager

Reviewed March 12, 2010

No wireless internet in the rooms. The wired internet is 13 dollars a night and is slow. It can't be considered high speed. Don't stay here if you use the internet and need access.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2009

We visit our daughter in Austin every 4 months or so and always stay here. Rooms are great, always get a free upgrade to concierge level. Concierge lounge serves a great breakfast with Sheri, the wonderful server. They also provide dessert and coffee in the evening. The staff can't do enough for us and remember us when we return. Beds are super comfy. What more could we ask for?

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple