Austin Marriott South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskon site restaurantnice hotelindoor poolfree shuttlethe hotel offersoff the highwayrestaurant staffrooms are cleanbusiness travelhotel experienceshuttle servicebreakfast buffetthe entire staffking roombusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2013

What a fabulous experience! I went to Austin with 13 other people on business. I must say, the staff were amongst the best and nicest I have ever encountered! The management did an outstanding job. The front desk manager, Brent Richardson, bent over backwards for us arranging dinner reservations for a fluid number of guests each evening at some of the nicest restaurants in Austin. I think he may have been a cat herder in a previous life! I can't say enough about the lovely treatment we received from everyone at this hotel, from the GM all the way down to bussers in the restaurant and lounge. Plus, shuttle service to and from downtown with more wonderful people as drivers. Thank you for making our week-long business trip truly a pleasure!
Oh - and the beds were SOOOOO comfortable as well. Quiet rooms, nice beds, good restaurant and fabulous people. If you get a chance, GO!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway. Higher floors have better ambient light, if you are working from your room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Ashley M, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write such a wonderful review about the Austin Marriott South. We are thrilled to hear from you that our team strived to work together to deliver you and your guests outstanding service! We cannot wait for you stay with us again in the future. We are at your service!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The staff is the greatest aspect of the place, always available and very helpful, friendly, and quick. The restaurant and bar near the lobby are open till midnight, great food but of course a little expensive. The lobby area it self is very pretty with nice decorations, the hotel also has a small gym and indoor heated pool that's 24/7. free parking garage underneath and a lot of parking around outside. The room itself was basic but nice, I spent a week there very comfortably. I would stay there again if I visit south Austin again.

Room Tip: gym/pool on second floor.
1  Thank Nicholas C

Hi Nicholas! We are very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such positive appraisal for our astounding staff here at Austin Marriott South. We are definitely looking forward to hosting you during your next visit to Austin!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had a fantastic stay last month and the service was quick and very satisfying. The management team and staff were pleasant and they made every process smooth and efficient. From now on this will be My hotel of choice for My trips to Austin, TX.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank mcn08
Ashley M, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for recently staying with us and we glad to hear that your stay went very smooth. We are excited to host you on all of your upcoming stays in the future at the Austin Marriott South!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

So I walk in and there stood a beautiful group of ladies standing there to greet me! I got checked in swiftly and was very accommodated. The front desk staff, Tabby particularly, was very helpful with my rate and also sent me in the perfect direction for dinner!! Over all service was excellent!! Hotel is only 4 miles from downtown. They signed me up for the shuttle and I went to the recommended dinner spot and had a great time. Thank you guys for making my trip to Austin outstanding and convenient!

Room Tip: Ask for a non freeway facing room if you are a light sleeper!! They have a parking garage as well!!
1  Thank June L

Wow! We are extremely happy that you had such a pleasant stay and that your approved of our amazing staff. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Austin Marriott South soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Friendly staff, rooms were nicely finished. Beautiful bathroom. Drinks in the bar were good and reasonably priced. Purchased the breakfast buffet, omelet to order was good. Concierge lounge not open the hours we were in the hotel and they didn't offer breakfast on the weekends. No view from any room (we had one room facing the freeway, the other facing the opposite direction), sits right next to the freeway without any type of courtyard or garden area. In a line-up of other Marriott properties. Free parking.

Room Tip: Room facing the freeway was noisy. I stayed in a room facing the other direction and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Focused77
Ashley M, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the Austin Marriott South and that you found our staff to be friendly. We appreciate you taking the time to write us a nice review and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Austin.