“Fantastic way to start our honeymoon!”

Austin Marriott South
Ranked #30 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Midland Park, New Jersey
“Fantastic way to start our honeymoon!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I kicked off our honeymoon in Austin. Having never been there I was torn between staying in the city or staying outside to save a little money. Definitely worth the savings!!

This was one of the best hotels I've stayed at in quite a while. The staff was phenomenal - pleasant and attentive without being overbearing. They even sent a bottle of champaign and chocolate strawberries to our room. The rooms were nice - nothing special but a good size and clean.

The restaurant to our surprise was awesome. Good food, reasonable prices on food and drinks and great service.

The shuttle service was also super convenient. They took us downtown every evening so we didn't have to worry about driving. They also drove us during the day to a few places when they weren't busy

Overall a great experience and I would highly recommend for anyone traveling to the Austin area!!

• Stayed April 2013
Leah P, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your most recent stay at Austin Marriott South. First off, congrats on your recent nuptials- what an exciting time for you and your husband. As a team we focus on making every guest feel welcome and at home. We are so pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to pass on the good news to our kitchen staff. The food and service are always great in the Limestone Kitchen + Lounge. We hope that you and your husband enjoyed the rest of your honeymoon. Please come back and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
San Francisco
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very nice property. I love Marriott for the linens, the best ever and the staff was super nice, I had a noisy neighbor (children) and they moved my room and even helped me with my stuff. Easy in and out which is what I was looking for. You pay more for a better location but you won't have the easy comfort of a home feeling this place has.

Room Tip: If there are kids there ask to be put on the other side of the property, they played in the hall and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Leah P, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review as this helps increase our customer satisfaction. We would like to thank you for being a loyal guest to our property. It is great to hear our staff was friendly and accommodating throughout your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Austin.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I arrived after a late flight !0:00pm. After waiting at Hotel counter for 15 minutes. I was told they overbooked me. I was placed in another lesser hotel NC but. The hotel should have called. The hassel of moving to another location
The parking .lot is dark and spooky. I would not feel safe if I was women traveler

Room Tip: Verify often that you are not overbooked.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Leah P, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. We value our customers and take their comments very seriously. We apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused during your recent stay in Austin. Unfortunately, this is something that does occur in the hotel industry and we definitely try to plan ahead and accommodate all of our guests. Again, we are sorry you had to deal with this but hopefully enjoyed the rest of your stay in Austin.
Orange County, CA
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Managing a Marriott property off of an Interstate close enough both to the airport and all the hustle Downtown Austin can offer may not be the most fun each and every day, but the good people of Austin Marriott South really know how to make their guests feel special at their property. The Very Good grade for this property cannot be put at the same level of expectation one has for five-star properties I reviewed previously, but this four-day stay over the Easter weekend really exceeded my expectations.

With very reasonable rates, my wife and I opted for this property rather than any of the downtown locations due to its affordability as well as the proximity to the home of our relative whom we were visiting over this holiday. When a hotel actually has an Interstate 35 in its address, one must wonder how quiet and safe the property is, right? Well, think again! With 24-hour security service around the free parking lot and the garage and most of the hotel being completely isolated from any freeway noise, we thoroughly enjoyed our accommodation choice this time.

This is also one of those properties where management goes an extra mile outside of Marriott contract with their guests to make everyone feel comfortable. Our perks included: parking spots reserved for Platinum and Gold members (have not seen this in any Marriotts I stayed, but I'm sure it exists elsewhere); free weekend breakfast in their Limestone restaurant (great staff, but omelettes and coffee leave a lot to be desired); offer of free bottled water from their pantry during the weekend when the Concierge Lounge is closed; raffle for 10,000 Marriott rewards points just for placing your business card in a raffle bowl... :-)

We stayed in a very quiet Room 408. This is definitely not the largest Marriott room I've ever visited; there are actually some European Marriott properties with much larger rooms than this one. However, it was suitable for our needs: very fast wireless internet, good water pressure, lots of towels and attentive room service.

An indoor pool is of a kiddie-size variety, no serious swimming possible there. Gym is adjacent to it, and therefore gets a lot of heat that emanates from the pool. This makes exercising there quite unpleasant, at least for me. It has adequate cardio equipment, free weights, but hardly anything else.

Lobby and the fireplace with a library feel makes the entrance to the property a surprisingly lovely experience.

All in all, a few nice touches in this otherwise very average Marriott property made this trip to Austin that much nicer to us.

Room Tip: Just as far from the freeway as you can get.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Neb P
Leah P, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
WOW! Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review about your recent stay over Easter Weekend. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and found our location to be convenient. It is always wonderful to hear how accommodating the staff is- as we take pride on being a super friendly hotel. As for the noise, we understand the highway can be a bit noisy but glad to hear that your room was on the opposite side. We hope you come back to visit with you again soon and thank you again for the review.
Plano, Texas
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a pretty nondescript Marriott hotel in South Austin off of Interstate 35. I happened to be staying at a property nearby that didn't have a restaurant and I wanted a decent lunch. So, I walked here, and was greeted by a lovely lobby, and then smiling faces happy to seat me in a window seat over looking a nice patio area.

I ordered the Chipotle Chicken Cobb Salad - delicious! A table near me ordered sandwiches and fries, and I over heard them talking to a friend walking by their table saying "the sandwiches are great." Because the waitperson had closed out my check before I had ordered a coffee for dessert, he 'comped it' for me...thoughtful.

I would stop by here again - and I would stay here, too. The service and food was terrific.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Leah P, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for writing such a thoughtful review. We love hearing about your wonderful dining experience in our Limestone Kitchen and Lounge. I will certainly pass on the good news to our kitchen and restaurant staff. We would love to welcome you back at our hotel on your next visit to Austin for sleeping accommodations. Thank you again for taking the time to write us a review and we are glad you stopped by for lunch.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in a king room on the 5th floor. This Marriott had excellent service from all staff; those at the front desk, the restaurant, housekeeping, etc. I had a seminar rate of $109 per night which was fair for the room I had. The room was clean and in great condition. Same with the bathroom; marble vanity, no sign of mold or dirt and had good water pressure. I spent both nights in the room and ordered from room service. The delivery was quick and the food was hot and tasty. I usually order from the child's menu as the amount of food is adequate and the cost is much better than off the main menu.
The meeting room was comfortable. The continental breakfast served in the meeting room was meager; but I expect that was due to the seminar arrangements rather than the hotel.
The "market" was very limited in food or snack products.
The location is very convenient. Free parking was great.
This hotel is the anchor hotel of 4 Marriott brands side by side; Courtyard, Fairfield and Springhill.
The

Room Tip: My room was 549. To floor. It was next to a supply closet. Very quiet!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MsSophiemorgan
Leah P, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write an elaborate review and we are delighted that you had an overall great stay. We take pride in our mission statement, to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel. We certainly have to applaud our hardworking housekeeping staff, they do such a tremendous job. I will pass on your note regarding the room service and superb food. Glad the food arrived in a timely manner and was still warm for your pleasure. We hope you enjoyed the seminar during your stay and we welcome you back on your next visit to Austin. Take Care and thank you again for the response.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The title of the review says everything I have to offer about this location. The hotel, located at I-35 and Ben White is perfectly situated for you to get anywhere in the Austin area. We have made it to the Bee Cave area in 15 minutes and downtown in 10. The great thing about the location is it's far enough away from the worst of the traffic congestion (most of the time). Amenities are as you would expect from a Marriott property. The hotel is clean, has a bar/restaurant, fitness center, etc. Front-desk staff were very easy and accommodating. They allowed a later than normal checkout for us and were an absolute pleasure to speak with. Greetings everytime we walked by the front desk to get in our cars. Parking in the lot was free. Elevators were a bit slow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frank S
SarahMAustin, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we are so happy to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. Our location seems to be convenient for many visitors and it sounds like you were able to see a lot of different areas of Austin. Our property was renovated in 2009, which included our sleeping rooms. The design style followed was classic conservative. Thank you again for taking the time to write us a review. We hope you had an all around great visit to Austin and we hope to welcome you back soon.