Austin Marriott South
Free cancellation until 06/01
$229
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/03
$109
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/01
$199
$224
$178
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$98
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$122
W Austin(Austin)
$329
$249
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $285/night.

All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskon site restaurantnice hotelindoor poolfree shuttlethe hotel offersoff the highwayrestaurant staffrooms are cleanbusiness travelhotel experienceshuttle servicebreakfast buffetthe entire staffking roombusiness center
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Same great standards that you come to expect in a Marriott. New hotel manager, Brian, is trying to raise the standards even higher. The location just off highway 35 makes the hotel a great location for making day trips throughout the area. Plenty to see here. Plus the front desk staff work full speed to make your local travel and sight seeing plans go smoothly. Concierge lounge is up to snuff with more planned improvements in store.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SarahMAustin, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

We appreciate your great review and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be happy to pass on your note regarding our friendly staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property on your next visit to Austin.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Spent the night here before a hunting trip in Southeast Texas. Beautiful hotel. Very clean and quiet and super comfy beds. The morning breakfast was great as well with many hot and cold choices. Definite Tex-Mex flair too!. Hats off to the front desk staff for recommending some phenominal Texas BBQ~! Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
SarahMAustin, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful compliment. We take pride in our mission to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with the team and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Austin.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We just sent a team of five to Austin and we stayed at the Austin Marriott South. Very efficient, very friendly staff. Little secret...every night they put out a large glass container with ice and water just before the elevators. Big deal? Yeah, it kind of is, it's the attention to details. Every night that water sits waiting for you at the end of the day AND every day the water gets a new swimming companion: lime, orange, lemon, one day it was melon and berry. OMG it was good. Every member of the staff opens their part of the conversation with, "how can I help you?". Get that everywhere? No. Tip of the hat to everyone at the Austin South, but especially Freddie. There isn't anything that Freddie can't do or won't try to do to help you. Billion places to stay in Austin. Stay here and slip into the bar for Happy Hour. Oh yeah, the rooms are pretty nice too!

Room Tip: If you're super sensitive to sound/light, I'd ask for a room on the north side, away from the bar/restaurant on the front of the property..not a huge issue I promise
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SarahMAustin, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that our staff was extremely friendly and accomodating during your stay. It is great to know the fresh water dispensers are definately appreciated by our guests. The little things are sometimes the most appealing to guests and we love hearing customer feedback. Thank you for being such a loyal guest to our property and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a conference for two days. The check-in staff were quick and friendly. The hotel seemed to be fully equipped with amenities and resources for conference needs. My family and I ate at the restaurant on-site, and we found the food to be enjoyable and the staff to be friendly and helpful.

The room was clean and well-kept. We had comfortable beds, and the room was as advertised. We could not hear any noise from the hallway or from the adjoining rooms. However, the traffic noise was considerable. I have stayed at many "off the highway, close to the airport" locations in major cities, and most have more effective sound proofing than this hotel does. While the room was comfortable, I didn't get good nights of sleep with the din of the traffic.

For our family, while the hotel itself was pleasant and seemingly well-managed, we probably wouldn't stay here again because of the noise,

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
SarahMAustin, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It is great to hear our staff was extremely friendly and accomodating during your stay. We certainly enjoy hearing about your wonderful dining experience in the Limestone Kitchen and Lounge. Our apologies about your rooming experience and the loud noise from the highway. We certainly would love the chance to welcome you back to our hotel and put you in a much quieter room. Please notify us if you choose to stay here again and we will make sure to accomodate your rooming needs.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I just wrapped up a two-night stay at this property for a few meetings nearby. I was generally unimpressed and consider this one of the most mediocre of the hundreds of full-service properties in which I have stayed over the last few years.

It's worth noting that this property is part of a Marriott-palooza of a full-service Marriott, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield and, I think also a Residence Inn. All seem to have charging privileges at the full service.

Check-in was brutally slow. Although there was no one else checking in at the same time, the process took an impossibly long twenty minutes. It was almost out of an SNL skit – with the front desk agent typing literally thousands of keystrokes for reasons that I cannot get my arms around. While I was welcomed as a Platinum member and offered the requisite welcome amenity, I was told that rooms were not available on the concierge level. While not a big deal to me, I was annoyed to see that rooms were still being sold on the floor for both nights of my stay. In other words, he lied.

The internet also requires an extensive code rather than the normal "enter in your name and room number" which gets wiped off your bill for Plats and Golds. While there seemed to be an option to just enter in name and room, it kept telling me that it didn't recognize me as a guest. Not a big deal but a pain for multiple devices.

The room is standard, unmemorable Marriott standard issue. Bed and desk totally functional and fine. Bathroom is small and lightly renovated from the circa 1988 version. Corner, angled small sink. Narrow shower with poor caulking. Toilet that is avoided by the bathroom door through an engineering marvel.

The first night I was awaken several times by what sounded like someone moving furniture above me. At 2am. I don't blame the property for that. However, every movement in the hallway – even the guy slipping the bills under the door – seemed to echo. I'm not a light sleeper but it seemed very loud.

The small on-site restaurant was surprisingly good for basic sandwiches. Bar was decent – no complaints but nothing memorable. Good parking situation – free and close to the door.

Concierge lounge had a better-than-normal breakfast spread with a poorly serviced beverage refrigerator. I visited the lounge on five occasions over three days. Diet Pepsi was in the fridge one time. Water three times. This included visits during "normal operating hours."

I was very disappointed in the general upkeep of the public areas and – most specifically – the gym. I was surprised that the TV on each of the three treadmills were not working. I went down to the front desk (admittedly very early in the morning) and he called for the maintenance guy. I walked up to the gym with him where he scientifically pronounced them broken. Great. Later that morning, I brought it up with a guy who seemed to be the manager on duty. He seemed genuinely interested and appreciative of the feedback and promised to get it take care of. 24 hours later, one of the three were working.

Along the same lines, the gym was simply not serviced on an appropriate schedule. The container holding wipes to sanitize equipment was empty. I grabbed the last workout towel. The trash can was overflowing with cups and trash each of the two mornings I was there. As granular as this sounds, I find it to be a pretty good proxy of hotel upkeep in general.

Anyway, it wasn't a disaster but I see absolutely no reason to return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank verysnobbytraveler
SarahMAustin, Sales Coordinator at Austin Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review as this helps us increase our customer satisfaction. We hope that you consider staying with us again and yes we have responded to your areas of concern. All of the TVs on the treadmills are fixed and we do apologize for not being a fully serviced gym. We will make sure all of the gym amenities (full tray of food, trash cans, sanitize wipes, etc). are tended to more frequently. As far as the level of noise, we hope that it wasnt anything too extreme and hopefully during your next stay it will be more pleasant for you. We strive to provide the cleanest and friendliest hotel possible. We welcome the opportunity to show you our genuine desire to improve on your next stay with us.