“So accomodating!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
houstonburbs
“So accomodating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

A yearly business trip brings us to Austin TX, and we have the priviledge of staying at the Marriott location. The staff works so hard to be sure that their guests are well taken care of and we wante for nothing. Thanks to all of you!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
bhaas, General Manager at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
"Service Excellence" is our #1 priortity here at the Marriott and am glad to hear it was clearly demonstrated during your recent stay with us. Your feedback is important and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I will be sure to recognize the team for a job well done and will look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott on your next visit to Austin.
Brad Haas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Stayed at the Austin Marriott South during a friend's wedding weekend. The visit was easy, and the front desk was helpful, delivering gift baskets immediately upon request.

The room (2 Q beds) was tight, and the bathroom a bit small with no extras to make you feel like you were really escaping somewhere special. No fan in the bathroom made multiple showers and getting ready a little difficult.
The beds were noisy, sounded like there were pads under the sheets that made any movement during the night sound extra loud. The beds themselves comfortable, though the pillows a bit hard.

Restaurant in the lobby was good, and the bar was just turning on the football when we had to leave - but it looked like a good time!

The hotel is directly off the Interstate-35 Frontage Rd, which made for quite a bit of highway noise through the night. The only easily accessible entrance is off this frontage road also, which happens to get highly congested at unexplained times of day/night, so plan some extra time!

The hotel mentioned they provided a free shuttle to downtown Austin, about a 10 min drive, which would have been an extraordinary benefit had we managed to take advantage of it. This is a GREAT way to explore the city of Austin and enjoy it to the fullest!

All together the room was very nice and the hotel accommodating, with a few kinks to be worked out to merit the price of the rooms.

Room Tip: Away from the frontage road, save yourself from the road noise.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alissa B
bhaas, General Manager at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and congratulations to your friend on their wedding day! I hope you have another chance to visit us in the future and take advantage of our shuttle service downtown in the evening. Thank you for your business and for your comments.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Warm, comfortable, all the best of Marriott, including a lively bar / restaurant.

However, if you're like me and want to escape the day with a movie or tv - it's an exhausting experience. Snowy screens, unresponsive remotes, many blank channels to move through just to get something to watch. movies that don't load, programming directed toward every possible sports station available, yet lacking some of the network and all of the women's preferences.

After 2 years of staying at this hotel, no action. Why?

Room Tip: Rooms appear to be the same...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank barbadiantraveler
Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback. As a frequent guest with us over the past 2 years we certainly value your opinion. I am happy to hear you find our facility warm and confortable. I am also happy to report that we have been working on upgrading our technology in the rooms. Last month we added WiFi access in all rooms and this month he have a new HD system and channel line up being added to the hotel. We hope you enjoy this added feature on your next trip to Austin.
All the best,
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Pros: Very pretty property, very well maintained, and appointed. The staff is amongst the most friendly I've ever encountered and the overall condition is top-notch. The rooms are spacious w/o being huge, the amenities are well above average, and I found the service to be speedy and polite. The restaurant and bar are very nice, they serve great products, and the staff (again) are very accommodating. The best part is the value - for the money, I don't think you can find a better property in Austin, Texas!

Cons: About the only 'cons' I have with the place is that it's hard to if you're traveling down from north of Austin and that the "concierge" level rooms aren't worth the money. You have to pass the property, go down a service road for quite a while, then U-turn and head back north. In-and-of itself, that's not a huge issue, but the Marriott corporation has at least 4 other properties that you must pass before you get to this 'flagship' location and it's confusing! Twice on this last trip, I stopped at the 'wrong' Marriott! Also, the "concierge level" rooms are a rip-off....all you get is access to a 'lounge' that has soft drinks, coffee, some cheap snacks, and a newspaper. Yes, it's all free, but it's certainly not worth any additional expense, in my opinion.

Other than that, I cannot recommend this location highly enough. GREAT value!

Room Tip: I wouldn't bother upgrading to the "concierge floor" - all you get is a fairly stocked...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
bhaas, General Manager at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. It is always a pleasure to share with the staff such a wonderful review. This feedback will most certainly be the highlight of their day! I hope to welcome you back to the Marriott on your next trip to Austin. I appreciate your Marriott loyalty.
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed here for two nights. When we checked in, the AC had been leaking water and the floor was soggy and gross. Called the front desk to be asked to be moved to another room, and within 5 minutes they delivered new keys to us for a room 2 doors down. Great service!

Apart from that, it was clean and quiet, though a bit far from downtown (10 minute drive). Definitely nothing within walking distance.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
bhaas, General Manager at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thank you for writing in with your comments. I sincerely apologize for the issue you experienced with the AC but am very glad we were able to resolve it quickly. Our goal is to provide you with A+ service and I am happy to see we accomplished that in your case. I was also happy to hear you found all to be clean and quiet. Overall sounds like a pleasant stay. I appreciate your business and hope you you stay again with us on future visits to Austin.
Respectfully,
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I'm not saying this hotel is a 5 star, it's a regular Marriott. But the great value is it's defining quality. We only stayed one night but we would definitely use this hotel again anytime we need to stay in Austin. It was quiet which is a huge plus for me since I can't fall asleep with ANY noise. The bedding was also great. The shuttle that goes until 11pm was an awesome (and free) way to get downtown on a Saturday night. Make sure to tip the driver for the service though!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
So happy to hear your brief trip to Austin was positive. I value your feedback and sincerely hope you will stay again with us during future visits to Austin. Your marriott loyalty is appreciated and on behalf of the entire team here... Thank you for choosing Marriott!
Galveston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I have often stayed at this Marriott Austin South. Easy access to Austin and everywhere beyond, nice hotel, always spotlessly clean and inviting. Check-in was a bit iffy this time, asked my name and pulled up another reservation with a similar name. Got that straightened out, then was given a room key and went on my merry way. Key did not work, so trip back down to front desk, had to wait then was given a replacement key without even an I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Hmmm.

Room was spotless as always, bed super comfy as well. I did notice, however, that there was no vanity kit in the bathroom (not that I needed one, just noticed that there wasn't one). Upon check-out, I did ask the front desk who let me know that they have them for the asking, but you do have to ask.

Small things that can make a difference. Would I stay there again? Yes, and am sure that I will. Could front desk personnel be a bit more customer service oriented? Maybe so.

Room Tip: Have stayed on both sides of hotel - either facing interstate or not, and all rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
bhaas, General Manager at Austin Marriott South, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Very happy to hear you considered your stay to be clean and inviting. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and I am glad it impacted your stay. I did acknowledge your concerns about your checkin experience with the staff and will be sure they brush up on those details. We want every portion of your stay to be plsant and will be ready for your next stay. Thank you for your feedback and for your continued Marriott loyalty.