“Good Hotel, with good location”

Hilton Austin Airport
Ranked #55 of 203 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Arkansas
“Good Hotel, with good location”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Good Hotel, staff was friendly, rooms clean, bartender was great, and so were valet people.

Hotel was nice, but it didnt wow me. I would stay here again. Good location to the Circuits of America and downtown.

• Stayed April 2013
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for the nice review. I'm glad to hear that our folks took good care of you. We look forward to your next stay.
Jason Roberts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Korean first
Buna, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here for a medical conference and found the rooms to be comfortable, clean and updated. I ate both breakfast and dinner in the restaurant, which was very good. The lounge area was comfortable and modern. The conference rooms were clean, seating arrangements appropriate and buffet style meals were also good!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the positive feedback! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your conference. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the Chef.
Best Regards,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Austin Airport for a conference this past weekend and was very impressed. I was concerned about the airplane noise but heard none. The hotel has a beautiful, open lobby area and nice rooms. I ate both lunch and dinner there and was pleasantly surprised at their accomodations to my dietary requests (I eat vegan). I highly recommend this hotel!

Dear Guest,
I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your conference and your stay with us. We are always happy to accommodate any dietary needs. We actually have quite a few Vegetarian and Vegan items on our menu as well as Gluten Free options. We also have a great Farm to Table focused menu in our restaurant with many healthy options. We hope to see you soon!
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 16, 2013

You would be better getting a hotel in town. I booked this hotel as it was close to the airport and I was flying out early and as a Hilton, I expected a certain level of quality. That was a mistake.

Do not be fooled (as I was) by the airport website, that indicates that this hotel is connected to the airport, it is not. You have to get a shuttle to and from the airport. Having discovered this, I decided to drive my rental car to the hotel, check in and then take the car to the Car Rental Facility. There is no place to park you car for a short time while you check in. Your options are, to park you car ($12/day) or Valet park it ($20/day).

I went down to eat dinner at the lounge. Again, a mistake. the bartender was amateur, and that is about the most politically correct description I can use. Less than 25 people in the bar area and he was complaining to everyone (very vocally) how he was swamped. Service took forever, not just for me, but for all customers. He constantly forgot his orders. He ignored people trying to get his attention. He ever had to get people from the restaurant to come pour wine for their diners at the restaurant.

The room, while spacious, is sparse, with a small TV, poor lighting, and a very moldy bathroom.

Called the front desk for information about the shuttle to the airport and the phone was not answered. Called back and asked when the bus leaves in the morning. Was told "The first bus leaves at 4.30am." Not what I asked for. I asked again at what times the bus left and was told it left "regularly". Third time I got an answer "every 20 minutes". After the 4th try I confirmed that it leaves every 20 mins on the hour, 20 past and 40 past.

This hotel has great potential, but ends up being a black mark on the reputation of the Hilton Brand. Even as a Hilton Garden Inn, I would judge it as poor.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
Dear Guest,

We apologize for the poor level of service you received in our lounge as well as the bathroom in your guest room. We are addressing the issue with our food and beverage staff as well as our housekeeping team. We are also ensuring that our front desk team is briefed on the schedule of our shuttle. We hope the next time you're in the area you would consider staying with us again.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here for one night. You can't get any closer to the Austin airport than this hotel. But, surprisingly the noise wasn't bad at all. Downtown is only a 15 min drive as well. I was expected an older Hilton based on the age of the building but i was pleasantly surprised on the overall condition, look and modernness inside the hotel. The employees were friendly and accommodating to my room requests

. Overall, this is a step above a typical airport hotel and I would consider staying here for an extended visit to the Austin area.

• Stayed April 2013
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you next time your in town.
Best Regards,
Seattle
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here because of a great Hotwire price. That should've been a clue. It's barely a three star. The first room we were given smelled funky. The second room was better, but both had ancient, Super 8 style furniture. The tv is waaay to small for the room.
The overall hotel is...weird. It's a converted Air Force Command Center. And totally feels like one. The lobby ceilings are industrial scaffolding. It looks like a giant grain silo.
Overall, it feels like the designers took the easiest way possible in their attempts to give a veneer of class, but they failed.
And charging $12 for parking when there is plenty of space and nothing else around seems like a gouge.
We're in ATX/Dallas for a week, and only booked this hotel for a couple of days. Will book a different hotel when we get back to Austin.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had exceptional front desk service and the rooms were modern and clean. The restaurant food dinner was, well, restaurant food (but with fantastic service!), but we were too tired to drive the 15-20 min into the city. The hotel is very close to the airport and one of the closest to Austin 360.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear guest,
Thanks for the review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Come see us again next time you’re in Austin.