WINNER WONDERLAND

Hilton Austin Airport
Ranked #49 of 200 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Awesome Place For the Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I went down to Austin to visit friends from San Diego. They had their own place....but I still wanted to feel like I was on a vacation. I got this hotel by chance. I was going to stay in The Domain area....but glad I came here.

This location isnt far from downtown...and there are a few ways to get there. I will be honest...I wasnt too crazy about the outside of the hotel based on pictures...but it wasnt too bad. I walked in and its a huge atrium. The front desk staff was good and the valet guy was even better. He gave me pointers and we cracked jokes about Dallas and how different it is compared to Austin. The rooms were super clean and a lot bigger than I thought they were going to be. They have Peter Thomas Roth products in the bathroom....which may convert me into a Hilton person :D. I slept well...very well insulated from jet noise.

I wish I could have gotten it for my whole stay...but the one night was good. I wish I didnt have to pay for parking...but I can see why considering how close it is to the airport....and people can be cheap and try to avoid airport parking lots. I will be back again....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DaniCalifornia81
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for the great comments. Our valet staff are a great bunch and they really enjoy what they do. We really are just 10 minutes from downtown and the closest hotel to the airport. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit to Austin. Thanks for choosing us and come back soon!
Jason Roberts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Korean first
usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed here one night since I couldn’t bear the thought of waking up at 3am to start my travels. The place is larger than expected. Check in was a breeze and I got a high floor facing in towards the atrium (which I’m assuming is beautiful when there’s daylight out). Room was larger than expected for an airport hotel. My only complaint was the pulsing of the air conditioning. The problem, was that it wasn’t even my room’s unit causing the noise – I think it was for the building. Throughout the night I slept (fitfully) to whoa-whoa-whoa.

Room Tip: Maybe a lower floor would have avoided the noise problem.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. I’m sorry to hear that you did not get a good night’s sleep. If you ever have any issues with your room please let us know and we will do our best to take care of it on the spot. I have notified our engineering team of the noise issue to avoid this problem in the future. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is almost a great airport hotel. It's only good because:

- the hotel is located virtually on the airport grounds, but there's no way to walk from the airport to the hotel, which means that you have to wait for a shuttle bus to get to the hotel

- the gift shop was closed for renovations, which is bizarre; who needs to renovate a gift shop? This made purchasing those tiny items that you need when you're traveling close to impossible, considering nothing was nearby

- the hotel restaurant said online that it was open till 1 am, but told me upon checkin that they would close closer to 9:30. (On the other hand, the bar was open late and served food.)

- service at the front desk was subpar, with no mention of Gold amenities until I asked about them.

Rooms here are fine, but it's close enough to being a very good airport hotel that it was disappointing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,
I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. While we are not within walking distance to the airport, we do offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the terminal. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes on the hour and is only a 2 minute ride. Our gift shop is located in our coffee shop where we have a selection of sundry items for our guest’s convenience. Thank you for pointing out the misprint on the website. Our restaurant is open until 10pm with food service at the bar running until midnight with a full menu. Our room service is available 24 hours. Thank you for your comments. We will address these issues with the staff to avoid any further confusion. We do hope to see you again.
Best regards,
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed one night at the Hilton Austin Airport as a quick mini-vacation away from my husband and son. I wanted a clean, comfortable place where I could watch TV, take naps and order room service. The Hilton delivered from beginning to (almost) end. I was greeted with a voucher for a free drink at the bar (little touches go a long way) and every staff member I encountered was great. I'd like to give special notice to one employee that I encountered twice (I believe his name was Cody?) who was exceptionally pleasant ... he was so nice, in fact, that I found myself buying a muffin from him at the café. I don't even eat muffins. I'm gluten intolerant.

My room was clean, it smelled great and the bed was super comfortable. The internet was in and out a bit, but pretty reliable. My *only* complaint was the way they timed a safety drill: the alarms went off and the elevators were blocked off *precisely* at check-out time, leaving me to awkwardly lug my suitcase down four floors ... not the ideal way to end an otherwise relaxing stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thanks for the nice comments. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We all need a little getaway from time to time to relax and refresh! I will pass along your compliments to Cody. He is a great asset to our team. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the fire drill. We are required to perform them twice a year and there is never really a good time to do it. We do try to notify all of our guests of time it will occur upon check in. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
Jason Roberts.
Summit, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a giant circular hotel with bar, restaurant and coffee shop in the center covered courtyard. You can get either an outside room (facing the parking lot and airport) or an inside room (facing the courtyard). Ours was an inside room which nice as you could see what was happening at the bar/restaurant. We assumed that these rooms were quieter than the outside rooms but that's just a guess. It's a modern building. The shuttle to the airport leaves every 20 minutes on the hour. It takes about 4 minutes or less to get to the first stop (United).

Room Tip: If you park in the hotel lot, do not forget to register your car at the front desk. They do tow.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. I’m glad you had a good stay. Our restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with menus focused on local sustainable ingredients. Our lobby bar, open from 2pm to midnight, also features local craft brews and locally distilled spirits. On your next stay check out our salt water pool and spa as well as our gardens located in the courtyard where we grow fresh ingredients used in our restaurant!
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel. I needed something close to the airport for one night, with intention of picking up an airport rental car the next morning. The Hilton turned out to be a great find. The hotel (apparently at one time the building was part of the original airport terminal complex) is almost within throwing distance of the airport --- the complimentary shuttle ride seemed like a two minute drive. Despite the proximity to the airport, the rooms are very quiet. My room was spotless/very clean, comfortable bed, just great. The layout of the hotel is very much like an Embassy Suites floor plan. The next morning it was a 2 minute ride back to the airport. I liked everything about this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
      Location
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thanks for the great review. I’m glad to hear we took good care of you. We are the closest hotel to the airport and still just a 10 minute drive to downtown Austin. Our building was formerly the command headquarters for the 14th Air Force during Vietnam and the cold war. Those stationed here nicknamed it the “roundagon” or the “donut” due to the shape of the building.
Thanks again and see you soon,
LUBBOCK, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We booked this place on on Travelocity with the "secret hotels" link and got a pretty good rate of a little over $100 for a Sat night. We thought it was a pretty hotel. Sheets were spotless and bed was very comfortable. Great view of the lobby. It's a big round building - old army base or something - I think I read somewhere. Easy access to get downtown-maybe takes like 10 minutes at the most. Felt safe with self parking although it would be nice if there were not extra nickel and dime charges such as 12$ self parking. My only complaint would be for the cleaning staff to a second look. We'd found a hair on the side of the bathtub - but it could have been one of the maid's hair peices b/c it really did look like it was clean. I think just a good inspection of the room after it was cleaned would have taken care of that. Oh, and also the curtains where they crease were a little dirty...should be replaced. Other than that, we really enjoyed it and would stay here again for the value, the beautiful lobby area, nice clean smell, good service, and easy access to downtown area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the compliments. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and that our staff took good care of you. I have asked housekeeping to pay special attention to the areas you mentioned above. We look forward to your next stay,