“Quality Hotel...Just a Little Out of the Way...Parking Policy is WRONG”

Hilton Austin Airport
Ranked #56 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Very good property. Enjoyed the stay and worth the money. Public areas are very nice, bar was a good place to hang out. My only complaint...$11 a night to park in a 3/4 empty parking lot when your hotel is nowhere near downtown is just plain wrong. This alone might make me consider not returning...everything else was fine.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We have made many improvements to our lounge area and it's good to see guests enjoying the space. I am sorry to hear that you were displeased with the parking arrangement. Because we are located on airport property, we do offer self parking at $11 and $15 for valet parking as well as complimentary shuttles to and from the airport.
We do appreciate your patronage and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Revisited for another conference, restaraunt has been redocrated/arranged, rooms are still the same but the pricing has increased - somewhat exponentially! A classic three star Hilton airport property with an interesting past and extremely convenient to AUS - but they are workign to price out of the market when yo can drive less than a mile for half the price. expense account probably OK, rooms are nice, get but restaraunt and menu has been redone to locovore and the pricing reflects the percieved value.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Dear Guest,
I'm sorry to hear that you were not as pleased with your most recent stay as in the past.
We have made some very positive changes recently. Our restaurant has been renovated and we have a new menu focused on local and sustainable ingredients. We have also upgraded all of our lobby furniture and we are looking forward to more improvements in 2012. As always we strive to provide all of our guests with superb service. If we missed the mark on your last stay, we would love to make it up to you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed here in late January 2012. Drove from Houston (took I-10 west to TX Hwy 71, an easy drive!) Room was clean and spacious. A little far off the beaten path as it's on the far SW side of town, but a relatively quick drive into downtown, the SE side (South Lamar/South Congress) and the north side, which is where everything is in Austin anyway. I got probably the BEST deal on this hotel for a January stay I have ever had, and likely will never see again, and it was on the Hilton website. I thought at first the website had malfunctioned, but no, the price was correct. Therefore this was probably the best hotel value I have ever had. I will come here again, but hopefully I'll get a somewhat similar deal on Priceline or Hotwire.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay! While we are a little off the beaten path, it really is just a seven minute drive to downtown Austin and the entertainment district. The cities airport flyer picks up and drops off right in front of the hotel and makes for an easy ride to downtown. And, it only costs two dollars.
We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed February 9, 2012

I just stayed at the Hilton Austin Airport for the first time and will definitely return there in the future. Honestly, if you have an early morning flight out of Austin (like I did), this is the place to stay. You don't even get onto the highway to get to the airport...it's like 3-4 minutes to the airport from the hotel. I ate two meals while I was there and they were both delicious. The room was large, clean and very nicely appionted.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for the nice review! We are literally two minutes from the gates and with our airport shuttle it makes for an easy morning flight. We also have a great park and fly program.
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your meals too. We just put out a new menu and it has been getting a great response. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 7, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for one night during a quick getaway to Austin. The rooms were such a great size, and comfortable. We were able to get a connecting room with no issues. The hotel is well appointed with comfortable beds and nice toiletries.

Beware that there is a fee to park at the hotel, but it does come with in and out privileges.

We used Priceline for this hotel and the value was great. The location is close enough to downtown Austin to take a cab if you don't want to bother with driving and parking. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

I just love this hotel. It's built in a circle. It is four stories and all the rooms windows open to either the atrium or the outside. I don't know why this appeals to me but its just pretty and unique. The glass elevators offer a view of the atrium as you come and go.

Now to the real stuff... well maintained; attentive, friendly staff; convenient to the airport; quiet rooms; luxurious bedding; glassware in the rooms; big, fluffy towels; nice outdoor walking path around the pool (especially nice if you're attending a conference and just need to stretch your legs a bit); completely non-smoking.

'Keeping in mind this is not IN Austin but out at the airport.

I've attended a conference here for the past several years and have always meant to review. I just got back today and remembered this time.

Room Tip: I always get an outside room to watch the planes coming and going. The other rooms have a view to t...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Jason R, Manager at Hilton Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the nice review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. I have traveled to this area numerous times, and have stayed at this hotel, but this is the first time I have written a review on this property. This hotel offers both "convenience & comfort." It is conveniently located to the airport, less than 5 minutes to the terminal on the hotel courtesy shuttle. What I enjoyed most about my visit was the "absolutely heavenly bed." My mother lives in the city, and I invited her to come over one night to spend the night with me...she raved about the "comfort of the bed." We enjoyed the delicious breakfast buffet...which is quite a spread. I would highly recommend this property. The customer service is "excellent." Thanks for making my business trip to Austin pleasant.

Room Tip: The rooms that look inward I enjoy the most.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the nice comments. We look forward to your next visit.