“Great hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin - Airport
Ranked #23 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Stayed here for a week while my son attended the Camp Half-Blood at McKinney Falls State Park. Hotel was very clean. I had a room on the 5th floor with a small kitchenette (microwave, small fridge, sink) which was perfect for our stay. We stayed from a Sunday until the following Saturday -- and on Monday - Thursday evenings the hotel provided a light supper in the lobby (always provided a salad, entree changed each night -- stew & rice, spaghetti and meatballs, ...). In addition to the free breakfast in the mornings, there weren't many meals we had to pay for. The room we had was very spacious with a king bed, sitting area with small sleeper sofa, desk, and small kitchen area. This hotel was across Highway 183 from the airport, so while I was working all day in the hotel room I could watch the planes land and takeoff. It was VERY close to McKinney Falls SP -- only about a 15 minute drive down 183, and no traffic. We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean. Guests also had access to a basketball court and tennis court. Will definitely stay here again next year for the camp!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank TexasMom

Reviewed February 25, 2009

It's nice to frequent hotel chain where one can depend on the quality of the accommodations. This Hampton met our expectations on almost all accounts. The one glitch was the clock in our room that we didn't realize was set to the wrong time. As a result we missed breakfast. However when we told the front desk and asked if they could provide an alternative, they provided a brown bag with their breakfast on the go snacks.

This Hampton is close to the airport but with a car, it isn't that far of a drive into downtown Austin. And if one doesn't need to stay in the downtown location, the costs are less.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2008

My husband, 2 year old son and I had a great stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites. We had a king room over looking the pool (which was entertaining to my son). The room was spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel looked new or newly updated. The breakfast had a large selection (fried eggs, biscuits, canadian bacon, fruit, cereal, yogurt, etc.). My only complaint is that the canadian bacon was very tough and overdone. For dinner, the night before, we took a short drive back to I-35 and went south where we soon found several restaurants. My son was also thrilled to see an occassional airplane when looking out our hotel window. We definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 3, 2008

I was in town to visit friends and see a concert. Austin is a nice place, very clean and the people are friendly. When I checked in, my room was not ready and it appeared at first that maybe no room was available for me though I had a reservation. I am also a Hilton rewards member and Hampton Inn is part of this. When you stay at a Garden Inn, you usually get some freebies for being a member but I received nothing at this place. The people working the counter were friendly but that was not the issue here. Why make an effort to stay at the place if you're not going to get rewarded especially when you can stay somewhere else that's nice and less expensive? I was disappointed with that. Well, I did get my room but I had to wait. The manager couldn't tell on their computer system if my room was ready or not so she went upstairs to check. Getting to my room was delayed but eventually I got there. For a while, I thought I might be out of luck. The room was fine and comfortable. The free breakfast was nice also, the usual continental type with cereal, fruits, waffles and so forth.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2008

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night. The night before we were flying home so we wanted to be near the airport. Honestly, I would have no qualms about staying here for our whole Austin vacation next time. We had a car so we could drive to downtown and it was only around 15 minutes to get there. They had free internet in the rooms, a full, hot, good breakfast, fruit and drinks (coffee, tea, hot cocoa) available all of the time, comfortable beds. It was very clean. It is in a nice area. Our room had a view of downtown. The front desk people were very nice and helpful. The wake up call feature on our phone wasn't working so we called and they set it and made sure it was correct (and it was). There are basketball courts and a nice pool there as well. We stayed at the Austin Omni (see review) and it was nice but a LOT more money so if you are looking to stay at a really nice place for a good price, this is it.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 2, 2008

We spent the winter in Austin but the house we rented was already rented out for the SXSW festival. Somehow we got our dates mixed up and came home to find the festival renters still in our house! Luckily it was the last day of the festival and we were able to get a room at this Hampton Inn, not far from the house. The room was clean and quiet. They were doing some maintenance in the front so the main door was inaccessible, but it was not a problem. We spent a very comfortable night there.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mmissner
Reviewed April 13, 2008

The hotel is 5 year old but is kept very well and feels new. We were given a handicapped room next to the elevator and were initially concerned that it would be noisy but it turned out to be unfound. The room is quite large, I don't konw if it is because it is a handicapped room. The hotel is a little bit of a drive into downtown Austin but not too bad at all. We liked it so much we decided to stay an extra night. There was a bit of a confusion with the rate of our last night's stay but it was utimately resolved to our satisfaction in a timely manner. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2008