“Hotel Stay”

Ranked #36 of 199 Hotels in Austin
Austin, United States
“Hotel Stay”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The staff were very friendly. My one concern was dressed immeditatly. The outside and inside were very clean too. Should I revisit Austin in the near future, this hotel would definetly be at the top of my list.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Steve H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin - Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay.
We look forward to having you as our guest again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Nice hotel. The front desk staff was nice and the lobby looked newly remodeled. My room was clean and quiet. I would stay here again if on business. Hampton Inn is generally not the type of hotel that I stay in for vacation or other leisure travel, but it is perfect for business. I like the free breakfast and the consistency from hotel to hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay with us.
We look forward to serving to again very soon.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hotel feels fairly new and was clean. Room was pretty quiet and you can set your own room temp. Good for 1-2 nights if on business. Breakfast items were adequate to start the day. Staff was friendly and available at checking in and out.

Hurst, Texas
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stay at this hotel when I have meetings with ERCOT located in the Met Center, less than 2 blocks away. It is convenient to the airport and offers shuttle pickup and drop off; and its staff is warm, friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are large and all areas of the hotel are well kept and very clean. Now the "mixed" part of the review -- the pillows in the room are half the normal size of a pillow and much too firm for my likeness and no other options were available in the room. I was there for two nights last week and both nights they ran out of complimentary beer on tap almost an hour before the "happy hour" was up and there weren't that many people participating. I see complaints all the time about the food offered in the early evening and for breakfast. It is typical heat and serve products from a commissary and is not intended to be restaurant quality food. It is provided as a convenience for guests, and I for one appreciate the fact it is even being offered. For those who want more, there is a Denny's a block away. If you're on business it's a great place to stay, is reasonably priced and worth the visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the public basketball court, as during good weather pickup games go until m...
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay with us.
We have made note of your valuable comments and will make adjustments to cover those areas. We appreciate your observations.
laguna woods, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have stayed a hampton hotels before and enjoyed the room. The pillows were hard foam and not usable. No place to put on your makeup. Bathroom lights were bad and no mirrors in the room itself. The breakfast was terrible. All cheap chemical filled processed food. They had microwaved eggs with ham. Im a vegetarian and when I saw a sign that said scramble eggs...i asked for some. I told them I don't eat meat. The food manager said that there were none prepared. There was still an hour to go so why wouldn't he make some? I told him I can't eat ham and would like some as everything else was unhealthy to eat. He said again that they were not made. do we have a communication problem. With nothing to eat I thought I'd have coffee. It was awful. I went to my room to check out after I found a room at a local Holiday inn I call the front dest to tell them that I would be checking out...they asked "Is there a problem?" I said yes...that is why I am checking out. She never asked what my problem was...just that all I needed to do was leave. I did not need to go to the front desk for anything. Wow...that was it.

1 Thank Marie C
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your recent stay. We regret your negative experience but are grateful for your information that will allow us to correct challenges and provide the service and product you expect from Hampton and Hilton.
We are always reviewing our menu selections for breakfast and will carefully review your comments about options to serve all guests and their dietary preferences. We will also take this opportunity to insure Hampton training standards are in place for all associates to support them in handling guest comments and questions.
We hope when return to Austin you will stay with us and provide another opportunity to serve you during your trip.
Elkhart Lake, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The staff at this hotel was great and very helpful. Rooms were clean and the hotel is well cared for. They care about there product and are warm and inviting to there guests. Easy to get down town, 5 min form airport, and 10 to the Circuit of the Americas (new road race track that hosts an F1 race.) Great food is only 5-15 away, and there are a few places to walk to for a quick meal.

Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean, Offered Dinner and Breakfast which was very helpful on a very cold evening and morning, Shuttle was Convenient. Excellent Hotel and Excellent Staff!!!