“Hampton Inn-East Ben White Blvd-Austin, TX”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin - Airport
Ranked #31 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hotel feels fairly new and was clean. Room was pretty quiet and you can set your own room temp. Good for 1-2 nights if on business. Breakfast items were adequate to start the day. Staff was friendly and available at checking in and out.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Steve H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stay at this hotel when I have meetings with ERCOT located in the Met Center, less than 2 blocks away. It is convenient to the airport and offers shuttle pickup and drop off; and its staff is warm, friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are large and all areas of the hotel are well kept and very clean. Now the "mixed" part of the review -- the pillows in the room are half the normal size of a pillow and much too firm for my likeness and no other options were available in the room. I was there for two nights last week and both nights they ran out of complimentary beer on tap almost an hour before the "happy hour" was up and there weren't that many people participating. I see complaints all the time about the food offered in the early evening and for breakfast. It is typical heat and serve products from a commissary and is not intended to be restaurant quality food. It is provided as a convenience for guests, and I for one appreciate the fact it is even being offered. For those who want more, there is a Denny's a block away. If you're on business it's a great place to stay, is reasonably priced and worth the visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the public basketball court, as during good weather pickup games go until m...

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay with us.
We have made note of your valuable comments and will make adjustments to cover those areas. We appreciate your observations.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have stayed a hampton hotels before and enjoyed the room. The pillows were hard foam and not usable. No place to put on your makeup. Bathroom lights were bad and no mirrors in the room itself. The breakfast was terrible. All cheap chemical filled processed food. They had microwaved eggs with ham. Im a vegetarian and when I saw a sign that said scramble eggs...i asked for some. I told them I don't eat meat. The food manager said that there were none prepared. There was still an hour to go so why wouldn't he make some? I told him I can't eat ham and would like some as everything else was unhealthy to eat. He said again that they were not made. do we have a communication problem. With nothing to eat I thought I'd have coffee. It was awful. I went to my room to check out after I found a room at a local Holiday inn I call the front dest to tell them that I would be checking out...they asked "Is there a problem?" I said yes...that is why I am checking out. She never asked what my problem was...just that all I needed to do was leave. I did not need to go to the front desk for anything. Wow...that was it.

1  Thank Marie C

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your recent stay. We regret your negative experience but are grateful for your information that will allow us to correct challenges and provide the service and product you expect from Hampton and Hilton.
We are always reviewing our menu selections for breakfast and will carefully review your comments about options to serve all guests and their dietary preferences. We will also take this opportunity to insure Hampton training standards are in place for all associates to support them in handling guest comments and questions.
We hope when return to Austin you will stay with us and provide another opportunity to serve you during your trip.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The staff at this hotel was great and very helpful. Rooms were clean and the hotel is well cared for. They care about there product and are warm and inviting to there guests. Easy to get down town, 5 min form airport, and 10 to the Circuit of the Americas (new road race track that hosts an F1 race.) Great food is only 5-15 away, and there are a few places to walk to for a quick meal.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean, Offered Dinner and Breakfast which was very helpful on a very cold evening and morning, Shuttle was Convenient. Excellent Hotel and Excellent Staff!!!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

the staff was very helpful... i returned to my room after a long day at work to find my remote for the tv was not in my room, i asked the kind lady at the front desk for a new one... she did not have one with her at the front desk. she notified maintenance immediately and i was awarded a new remote for the tv within the hour THANK YOU HAMPTON INN

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Cancelled flight, late check in, very accommodating! The location of this Hampton was great. Very close to the airport but the noise level from planes was minimal. Clean and comfortable room with plenty of media plugs for recharging.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family