Getting down to brass tacks, this is not the type of hotel to book if you're expecting a 4-star retreat after a long day of conferences or being on the road. If you're looking for an affordable hotel that's centrally located in the heart of Austin, this is your bet. Although I made my reservation several months in advance, I feel like I got a good value for the level of accommodations I received.
*free ample parking
*clean updated rooms and grounds
*check-in took forever, even with a prior reservation
*linens need to be replaced; towels were possibly made out of burlap
*can hear people walking around on the floors above you
*mattress was on the borderline of being uncomfortably firm
Because the rate was so reasonable and I made the reservation not expecting 4-star amenities, I was generally pleased with my stay at this hotel. You can find many hotels nearby that are more luxurious but I wasn't willing to pay double the rates and wifi/parking fees on top of that. I will certainly consider Extended Stay whenever I return to Austin because of its good value and stellar location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parking Fees: 1-6 night stays: $10/night 7+ nights: $5/night ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stayamerica Austin - Downtown -Town Lake Hotel Austin
- Extended Stay America Austin
- Extended Stay Austin
- Austin Extended Stay