We were in Austin for 1 night and had our dog with us. We were checking in at the front desk by Leslie. She was very nice, attentive and respectable. This hotel is located in a convenient place downtown right on 6th Street. This is good and bad. The good... the location is close to restaurants, parks, state capital, and bars! The bad... the location is close to bars! If you have a room facing the street you will get lots of street noise from loud, drunk, college kids walking between bars. However, there are some great restaurants, sports bars, and parks in the neighborhood too. So you have to decide if the late night noise is worth it to you.
The main reason we selected the hotel was because of the generous pet policy. It was VERY nice to be able to bring our small dog with us. Many other hotels charge 3 or 4 times as much (as Extended Stay America) for their pet fee.
I also felt the room charge was a bit overpriced for what you get. The towels are thin and cheap, the rooms are very basic, the soundproofing isn't that great. For the amount they charge per night, the hotel needs to be a lot nicer. At least have nice linens....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parking Fees: 1-6 night stays: $10/night 7+ nights: $5/night ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stayamerica Austin - Downtown -Town Lake Hotel Austin
- Extended Stay America Austin
- Extended Stay Austin
- Austin Extended Stay