“Absolutely perfect!!”

Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.
Ranked #156 of 199 Hotels in Austin
London
“Absolutely perfect!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We just stayed at this great hotel. Perfect location, great facilities and free parking! Friendly and helpful staff - all the free coffee and clean towels we needed. We were going to stay at the Driskill - 3 nights here cost us less than one night would have done there!! We were even able to walk to the bike rental shop to cycle to Barton Springs. We would recommend this hotel to anybody who is visiting Austin.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the car park may be sunny in the afternoons. Maybe don't choose a basement roo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marion L
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - 6th St.. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Austin
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Clean towels and bedsheets. Room was big and had cooking facilities, both smelled and looked clean. A little loud, noise from neighboring rooms could easily be heard. Perfect location near sixth street. Room felt secura, parking lot was illuminated and it felt also safe to leave the car there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Joe G
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - 6th St.. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Zevenaar, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Extended Stay is your average no frills motel. Decent kitchenette, decent bathroom, decent bed. It all looked and smelled clean albeit a little run down. I was happy I could open the windows because the AC was very noisy. There's free wifi in the rooms but it's very slow.
I will come again because the price at this location is a steal.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BaldBuddha
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I have stayed here many times over the last 4 years. In Oct. of this year I was very disappointed with the room. It was bad. This trip the room was much better.

I have stayed here often enough to know rooms go from poor to average. If you get there early enough they will let you check out avaliable rooms.

The staff has always been helpful and kind and they were this time as well.

The location is great and the price very reasonable.

I will stay again but hope they do some needed remodeling.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the parking lot. Rooms along 6th street can be quite loud.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank ajayhawkfan
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My boyfriend & I totally enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was relatively inexpensive and in a prime location. Will definitely be staying here again. Only downside was the air conditioner was hard to figure out. We couldn't get it to turn on.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shannon C
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - 6th St.. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Despite our high quality control measures, I understand that you were given a room with an air conditioner that did not function properly. I have acted to prevent the recurrence of such an incident by retraining our staff on how to monitor the condition of our a.c. units during routine inspections. We would never intentionally make a room available when it does not have a functioning air conditioner, so we are grateful that you brought this issue to our attention.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2011

This hotel was about half the price of the next alternative near 6th street. Its in a perfect location right near all the bars. Rooms were ok with big semi-comfortable beds but the hotel was slightly run down. The woman at the desk was helpful but goes home at 11pm so theres no one around to check you in (dont turn up too late!!!). Given it 4*'s on value and location compared to its competitors.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends