“"Excellent location & great value"”

Ranked #115 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very clean property; excellent and responsive staff. Our request for extra bath linens and bedding (for the hide-a-bed) were fulfilled in less than 5 minutes!! How fast is that? The free shuttle took our daughter to the nearby airport in less than 5 minutes...fantastic location. Free breakfast includes meat (sausage patties and ham) and waffles too!! Best deal in Austin!

Room Tip: Request ahead for two separate beds if desired.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
csmanager, General Manager at Comfort Suites Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear HappyGuy54,
I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Comfort Suites Austin Airport.It is great to hear ,that met all your expectations and requests.
We are looking forward to your next stay and wish you all the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I spent 3 nights here, and I'd love to take this hotel with me, wherever I go.

The staff were friendly, helpful and very capable. I particularly appreciated the kindnesses shown me by China and Mohsin, 2 workers any place of business would be lucky to employ.

I arrived a little early, and my room wasn't ready - so they upgraded me and moved me to a larger room (at the same rate) without batting an eye.

I was a little concerned when I saw the size of the room.I like to sleep in a pretty cool environment, and Austin was in the midst of a terrible string of 100-degree days. I'd stayed in a Comfort Suites in Ft. Worth a few days earlier where the window unit just wasn't at all up to the task.

My fears were groundless. This unit cooled my room beautifully for 3 days. I ran it on Low Cool most of the run - High Cool made it too cold, even for my Polar Bear preferences.

The room was very quiet - I heard nothing around me during my entire stay.

Housekeeping did a marvelous job - it was always a pleasure to return here each evening. I also found the housekeeping staff to be as courteous and friendly as every other staff member I encountered.

I think this staff is one of the best-trained staffs I've seen in a long, long time. Their friendliness and desire to be helpful in any and every situation, large or small, made this an entirely pleasant stay.

Any time I need to be in Austin, this will be the hotel I choose. No question about it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff W

Dear Jeff W,
On behalf of the enitre team I would like to thank you for the kind words you shared on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites.They will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I recently stayed at this Comfort Suites and I am really impressed-from the friendly people,spacious rooms,lounge in lobby.Oh, and they also have a free shuttle to the Austin airport.I was concerned about the noise from airport,but I did not hear anything.The price I paid was very reasonable compared to what the hotels nearby were offering.The only thing is ,that my remote quit working and I had to report it to the front desk,but it was replaced immediately with a another one.I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Katherine S
csmanager, General Manager at Comfort Suites Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Katherine S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor and give us a great rating!We are pleased ,that you gave us the opporunity to serve you during your recent visit to Austin.Your kind words will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive continuously to improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are looking for a reasonable priced, nice hotel with amenities in a good location, this is the perfect choice. Right next to airport but very easy access to get to hotel and from leaving hotel all major highways nearby as well as back routes for rush hour times. Of course Austin is a booming town with all sorts of events going on every week so as a business it's not surprising for rates to be high during those times. That's why it is always best to prepare as much as you can and this hotel will give you a very good reasonable rate. The staff is very straight forward and give you the best service/price possible. Even if it is a busy eventful weekend their rates are still much better than other hotels. There quality is the same as what you would find in downtown if not better. Free hot breakfast and wifi and a bar and a shuttle. Every hotel in downtown will charge you double the price and charge for each of those amenities I just listed. So future travelers to Austin, tx, be aware that they also had a formula 1 racetrack built in the city as well. This hotel is actually 10 mins away from it so it is closest hotel area from track right now. Even though they are the closest they still charge about as much or maybe less then opposing hotels further away. Be aware of event like these and don't blame the hotel. All businesses boost prices that's how the world works, from food delivery, to cab fares, rental cars, and hotels. It's just the nature of any business. Otherwise, keep up the great work comfort suites Austin airport. You guys are one of the best staff I have seen. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Sean W
csmanager, General Manager at Comfort Suites Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Sean W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over the past two years on a regular basis and for extended periods on occasion. The location is very good for accessing down-town and the toll road to north and south I-35 routes.

I find the staff very helpful and friendly and the accommodation adequate for my needs which includes free internet access, reasonable space for working if needed

Decor is neat and tidy and commensurate with the usage a popular hotel gets.Breakfast is on a par with more expensive hotels of the type.

I note comments for room rates during F1 but they apply to all of Austin area hotels. The answer is simple - if you are not there for F1, visit on another occasion! I have seen other hotels in the area raise prices due to events so this is not new or specific to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank VardNoodleblast
csmanager, General Manager at Comfort Suites Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Mr.VardNoodleblast,

On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for the kind words.We are committed to a total guest satisfaction and we take pride in our hotel and the services we provide.We are so glad you enjoy your stay everytime you are in Austin.Given the nature of the hotel business,the hours are long and demanding.Day or night good service,depends on people willing to give their very best at all times.That's why it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's effort and takes the time to say thanks.
Again,thank you for the kind words and we look forward to your next visit.

Always at your service,

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Confort suites are privately owned and not a chain owned by one company. This owner decided to jack up the prices from $100 a nigh to $575 per night as there was a sports event in town to rip off customers. I booked then cancelled 3 weeks in advance on the phone with a young guy who may have been new. They could not find the cancellation and stole $1150 of my credit card after the reservation date, likely reselling the room as well.
I called and the manager and sales rep all have the utmost confidence that their staff are infallible and incapable of making a mistake. I have started a civl suit and will rec-oup the money but save yourselves the trouble and stay somewhere the the owner has morals and does not rip the customer off.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank 27JamesH
csmanager, General Manager at Comfort Suites Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Mr. James H,
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your reservations at our hotel for Formula 1.
As you know, anytime a guest reserves a room with a credit card, he/she is guaranteeing that reservation. In essence, it’s an agreement between the hotel and the guest. Your reservations for Formula 1 were made through Circuit of the Americas and you have been advised by their representatives to make any changes or cancellations directly through them, not through the hotel. The hotel agrees to hold the guest’s room, and not to re-sell it if the guest does not arrive on time. This gives the guest more flexibility. In return, the guest agrees to cancel the reservation and release the room if travel plans. If a reservation is not cancelled, the industry standard is for the guest’s credit card to be charged for the first night’s room plus taxes.
As far as the higher prices during Formula 1 -$500 was the average price for all hotels offering limited service in the area-it was higher than our normal rates due our convenient location to the racetrack, Downtown Austin and Austin airport.
In closing, to avoid this billing issue in the future, please remember to always cancel any reservations not needed and keep a record of your cancellation number.
I am sorry, that you weren’t able to stay with us on the date you originally planned.I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Hopefully we’ll have another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Had a horrible stay here this past weekend. To start with, we were ripped off at a non-refundable rate of $500 a night for our room during the US Grand Prix. While we were there, someone walked into the hotel asking the room rate. They were quoted $250/night and immediately left saying, "No way!" Yet we were paying twice that rate. Their normal rate is $99/night for that room.

When we arrived, the toilet was stuffed up. The bathroom door had amateurishly applied paneling on it which was falling off. There was also a HEPA air cleaner sitting in our room. Why? Was it to mask the odor of a corpse from a previous stay, or mold? In any case, it was very suspicious to say the least.

The free breakfast was horrible. My wife and I tried the eggs and they tasted like egg substitute. We stuck to yogurt from then on.

The windows in our room had this ugly dirty film on the outside like they hadn't been cleaned for a very long time.

The worst part was the bug I killed on the sheets. I think it was too big to be a bed bug (although the billboard that you pass from a bed bug exterminating company down the street from the hotel was a little disconcerting.)

There is a tremendous amount of construction going on around the hotel on the street it's on, and it's quite a pain to get too also.

All in all, a place I will never go back to. Caveat emptor.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear ZZZZDOC1,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations.It was not our intention to make your stay horrible.
We accomodate many people each night and strive to provide the best service possible.Therefore it is dissapointing to learn that you are unhappy.
The price ,that you paid during Formula 1 was the average price for all hotels offering limited service in the area-it was higher than our normal rates due our convenient location to the racetrack,Downtown Austin and Austin airport.We have different room types and prices vary depending on the room type you have reserved.HEPA air cleaners are an additional feature ,that we have invested in,and a lot of people with asthma and allergies like that.
As far as the bug problem and the toilet being stuffed up-we do not have any records of any problems in your room during your stay.I will address them immediately to my maintenance department that way appropriate actions are taken.To avoid incidents like this I strongly recommend you to address any issues during your stay to the front desk.
Again,Thank you for your time and valuable feedback.
We sincerely appreciate it and hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with excellent service and accomodations on your next visit to Austin,TX.

Kind Regards,