“Dirty, not nice”

Ranked #102 of 203 Hotels in Austin
San Antonio, Texas
“Dirty, not nice”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed here overnight on our way flying out of AUS. At first glance things are OK, but it only takes a little look to see how dirty everthing is. Dirty, dirty, dirty. Room was dirty, the shower knob was falling off and there was no A/C in the hallways and public areas. The holiday inn next door looked much nicer and has a pool. Do yourself a favor and go there instead.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff B
, General Manager at Comfort Suites Austin Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Benny1022,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay at our hotel.

Here,at the Comfort Suites we value our guest's opinion and would like to thank you for bringing your stay to my attention.
I am sorry ,that the shower knob was falling off and your room was dirty-this is not typical level of service that is delivered at this location.Thank you for addressing the AC not working in the hallway-we already made some adjustments to ensure this sort of situation does not occur in future.
Should you need anything at all please consider me at your service.We would love the opportunity to regain your trust in our property the next time you are in Austin area and I ask that you visit us again when in the area.Please call me directly to ensure you have a great stay.

Svetlana Dimitrova
512-386-6000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I've stayed in Comfort Suites before and found this one not up to par. First, there are limited restaurant options in the area (Denny's, Starbuck's, Subway). If you don't have a car, you are out of luck since the shuttle will not take you to area restaurants. I was really surprised at this (I was told it was an insurance issue - they only take clients to and from the airport). Most other hotels of this type that I stay in do take clients to restaurants within a 3 - 5 mile radius. (Yes, I could order in, but after a long day at the office I want to sit in pleasant surroundings with a good meal and a glass of wine.)

The sign outside that says they have a lounge appears to be true, but for the three nights I was there it was open only one night....no food there.

I also ended up with either bug bites or some sort of rash. After three miserable nights, I moved to another hotel....more guest oriented AND less expensive!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Comfort Suites Austin Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear HoosierontheMove,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at the Comfort Suites,because only through our guest's eyes we can see what we are doing right or wrong and how we can improve.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
As all hotels in this area we do have shuttle service to and from the airport and our priority is picking up guests from the airport and when the shuttle is available we do give our guests a ride within 2-3 miles of raduis to grocery stores or restaurants.
The lounge is open Weekdays and Saturdays from 6pm to 11pm and I am sorry ,that you stayed on a Sunday when it is closed.
As far as the bug bites and the rash ,that you got during your stay I would really like to discuss this concern with you.You can contact me at your convenience directly at 512-386-6000.
Svetlana Dimitrova,GM
Comfort Suites
Georgia
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We got bumped off our flight from AUS and had to stay near the airport. The shuttle promptly picked us up from the airport. Sean gave us a distressed passenger rate, but my AAA rate was lower. Other airport hotels wanted 20-30% more.We had two beds, microfridge and microwave. We enjoyed the bar in the lobby, and watched the Spurs in the western conference finals. We needed to make a run to a store for basic supplies, since our luggage went ahead of us. Sean had the shuttle driver take us to a store nearby. We felt that he went out of his way to accomodate us. I would stay in this hotel again, if necessary.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Suites Austin Airport, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear GeorgiaPilar,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay at the Comfort Suites.Our hotel staff is committed to total guest saisfaction and strives to provide the best customer service possible at all times.But only through your eyes we can accurately assess the quality of the accomodations and services we provide.
We appreciate the kind words and look forward to your next visit.
Svetlana Dimitrova
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was very comfortable. We slept really well. The staff service was great and the breakfast was good and well stocked. This is the first hotel I have been to that serves waffles in the shape of the state of Texas. I would recommend this hotel to others, keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2012
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Free wifi, free breakfast, clean solid but not spectacular rooms, very near airport. Safe non sexy hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Waco, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Booked this room through Price line so I did not review it first. When I did get the location and read the reviews I was a little apprehensive... noisy, dirty, bad beds... the list goes on. Well it was NOT noisy, the bed was fine with lots of pillow to choose from, the desk folks were very accommodating. They even had a sack breakfast for those of us heading to the airport before the breakfast started! When I arrive back late that night for my second night the room was cleaned and the next morning the breakfast was as good as any continental fare that is now called breakfast! There was one surprise... they have a small pub in the lobby. Did not get time to go in, but there were a few folks winding down after a hard day.... Yep I would stay again!

Room Tip: Not sure if there is any noise there, but my room was opposite the parking lot and mid way back....
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TexasDadWaco
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This hotel was wonderful! Check-in was speedy with no problems. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were very spacious and clean with a free refridgerator, microwave, etc. rooms are equipt with an air purifier. The location of the hotel is in a very safe area. The location does lack nearby eateries. Downtown Austin is a 10 minute drive. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012