“Cheers - Where everybody knows your name!”

Hyatt Place Austin-North Central
Ranked #32 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I travel 40 weeks out of the year and choose to stay at the Hyatt Place North Central, Austin because I love the staff and the feeling of being welcomed each time I arrive. To top of the great level of service from check-in, to the market, to the rooms which are so spacious and clean it is nice to know what I am walking into each time I come. If there is an issue they always fix it. The best part is the price to top it all off! Notice I did not say price first because I would pay more for knowing the comfort away from home is there!
On my last visit I was struggling with my suit case and the maintenance manager saw me and helped me all the way to my room and wished me a good stay! The front desk team always has a smile on their face and the manager of the hotel takes great pride in her property!
Its just amazing and 100% I would recommend this hotel anytime you are in the area.

Room Tip: Love the handicap rooms because they have great space
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We came for one night (Thanksgiving)
and were impressed with the cleanliness and the food options. Our dog was welcome and we enjoyed a restful night!
Location is great and the service even better. We were using points and were happy to use our "reward night" at such a lovely hotel!

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had some harsh words in my earlier review for the Hyatt Place following my travel and subsequent transfer to another hotel. I made a follow up call with one of the managers, who assured me that they had taken care of my bill to ameliorate the inconvenience. I also got an explanation as to why I never got a message back - one of the managers was on training and my voicemail message was most likely routed to that manager's mail box. I am happy that the matter was clarified and would recommend visitors to try the Hyatt Place next time they are in Austin.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alfa N
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed four nights at this hotel in April. The room was great and the common areas in the hotel were terrific. Breakfast was included and it was really good. The gym was small but well equipped. My only complaints are about the location. The neighborhood around the hotel is not the best and there are very few things within walking distance so you best have a vehicle. Still, it was a good value for my purposes.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mauricio C
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed three nights in late August, visiting my daughter. I chose the location because it was close to my daughter's house, but even if you are visiting someone on UT campus it's only a five minute drive.(you'll need a car) Because of the out of the way location you'll pay 50% less than at hotels right near campus, and the service was superb. I had previously stayed at the Hilton downtown and was really disappointed. The Hyatt place has large bedroom with separate sitting room. Ample pillows. Large flat screen tv. Free wifi, the complementary hot/cold buffet breakfast is one of the best in any hotel. There are complementary Wall st journals, USA today, and the Austin paper in the lobby. Minor complaint is that the water pressure in the shower is very low.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've been to Hyatt Places before and this one did not disappoint. I've always loved the way the rooms are set up with the room being the right size for just one person to stay. Workers were all very nice to me and did their best to make sure everything was fine. They were all polite and welcomed me when I came back. They were getting used to me being there for a week and missed having me there when I went to leave.

Location is just off the freeway and is easy to get in and out. May be difficult to get out during rush hour though due to high traffic. Going north from the service drive isn't the easiest either since you have to turn around. Rooms were clean and everything worked fine. There wasn't a microwave in the room, but there was one in the lobby. The refrigerator was more important to me anyways. Bathroom is small and there is no shower in the king bed room I was in, but I had no problem with that. Breakfast is about as good as you could hope for free.

Overall, I loved going to Hyatt Place North Austin and would have no problem staying there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Long story short, I was in Austin for only a day celebrating my wedding anniversary. The whole trip was a disaster from when I woke up to leave to Austin to coming back home. One thing after another was messing up my trip. The only positive thing about the trip was this hotel. I explained to them what was going on and that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and they did everything they can to make us happy. They took it a step further by offering us some free drinks and food in the lobby. All I have to say about this place is WOW. That really meant a lot to us. The rooms smelt great and looked very clean. Honestly I think Austin sucks and would more than likely never go back to Austin but if you go then please support this great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple