“Vibrant place and good burgers”
Review of Hopdoddy

Hopdoddy
Ranked #15 of 3,727 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Budapest, Hungary
“Vibrant place and good burgers”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I had a business meeting there, and it really went well. Alive service (very much), extremely good burgers, nice fries (I did not take those but tried, it was good). Line however is pretty long, we stayed around 30 mins. But it was totally worth it. Their burger with tuna - basically just a slice of extremely good tuna - is a god bless.

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Lines too long!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Wanted to have a designer burger when visiting the SoCo (South Congress) artistic district, but lines were too long even on a freezing Saturday afternoon (see photo). Food must be pretty good!

• Visited December 2013
Charlotte, NC
“Great burger, fast service”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have heard this place can be packed in the evening. We went for an early lunch and were in and out quick. I had the Llano Poblano with turkey and a wheat bun. VERY good burger. French fries were average. Service was great. We were greeted and given a table #, then had very good service when we ordered and then had very good service again at our table. I have been to much "finer" restaurants than this and not seen waiters half as often. I love burger joints and would definitely recommend and I will definitely go back. Parking is in a garage in the rear and it's easy access. Keep your ticket, they will validate.

• Visited December 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Never thought I'd review a burger place”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Its more a experience than a burger place. Long line to get in. But great ambience. Order your drink from the bar while in line for the burgers. Soon as you order, they move you to a table and the food is brought there when ready. Restaurant was completely packed and we waited at least 20 mins to get in and another 20 mins in line at the bar and to order our burgers. Good selection at the bar. I ordered a milkshake which was great. The burgers and fries (with dip) were excellent. Never thought I'd line up for more than half hour for a burger but definitely worth it and I will be back.

• Visited November 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“One of the best”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I've done my best to eat hamburgers everywhere I've traveled. I passed this place while looking for lunch, it looked inviting, I went in, everything changed! It wasn't just a little burger joint on the South Congress strip, it was a local legend. I figured that out as soon as I entered and saw the line. I was alone and, luckily, a spot opened at the bar, which I grabbed. It's one of the best spots because you can order from the bartender and in a short time your food arrives. Meanwhile, you get to have a good cocktail or a great beer and watch the people in line. Fun.

The burgers are excellent and I've eaten a lot of burgers. The fries were very good. I had a chocolate shake, which they make at the bar with real ice cream. All top notch food.

The place is very clean and has a nice vibe to it. I'd definitely return.

• Visited November 2013