“Amazing burgers, strange beers”
Review of Hopdoddy

Hopdoddy
Ranked #8 of 3,869 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A couple of friends brought us here. When I saw the long waiting line I almost got a panic attack, but in just a few minutes we were in.
They have a huge selection of burgers to choose from. We were a group of 8 and ordered 8 different burgers. I took a bite out of each others' choices. All were incredibly good.
But the beers... Like many things in Austin, that's a weird story. The Austonians have a kind of patriotism about their local beers. They brew a lot of strange things, some of them are not bad, but none comes close to being a good traditional beer. And they do not offer the option of taking a traditional beer, nor the most commercially known, much less a good European craft beer. If I had been able to pair these amazing burgers with a couple of beers to my taste, the moment would have been much better.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was recommended by the people I was renting from. Luckily I'm very picky, so my burger was pretty plain. I could taste the meat. It was unlike any burger I've had before. There was so much taste, flavor.. I can't describe it but it was definitely worth the price.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Burgers like you've never seen, choose from angus, bison, lamb, tuna, veggie and more. Hopdoddy pairs local meat with fresh toppings in an effort to provide a gourmet burger without trashing the environment. I had the magic shroom burger. It was delicious. Craft beers on tap.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

It was 104, and no one wanted to stand in the line outside for the wait to get into air conditioning....but it was so worth it! Not being hugely frequent burger eaters, we hesitated, but went for it since reviews are usually excellent. Ordered the Magic 'Shroom and the Llano Poblano, upgrading both to grass fed beef. Totally worth the wait. There was still a line at 9 PM, and now we know why.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The place is small and crowded, but the food is fabulous! We waited in line for about 45 minutes and were so glad we did. Everything about this place is right...the food, the atmosphere, the staff and the prices! We tried the Llano Poblano and the Ahi Tuna burgers with the truffle fries...delish! We had beer, but the home-made shakes looked wonderful too. So if you are ever in Austin don't be scared by the line at Hopdoddy....the food is worth the wait!

Been to Hopdoddy? Share your experiences!