“Best burgers that I've tasted and the atmosphere was amazing!”
Review of Hopdoddy

Hopdoddy
Ranked #12 of 3,994 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I found this place while looking for places to eat with a group of friends while in Austin! I saw this on tripadvisor and saw the reviews were great so we chose this place. The moment we walked in we recievied excellent customer service!
Overall, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this to anyone. Although the prices may be a little pricy, it is TOTALLY worth it for the quality of the burgers!
I would suggest the poblano burger and chili con queso with fries!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,668)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our daughter will be attending UT in the fall and we decided this was a good choice to get a feel for local food. The two greeters at the door were so helpful. They gave us their suggestions and they were spot on! We waited about 10 min. to actually get in the main door. We then had to get on a line to order our food (that was about another 10 min.) We gave our order and a waitress got us our table while we got our drinks. The burgers were fantastic. The turkey burger was my favorite and the queso was to die for, especially dipping the fries in that stuff...heaven! Oh yeah we topped it of with an oreo shake. Everyone was so friendly at this place. The atmosphere was fun but be warned, crowded and you could feel a little claustrophobic at some of the tables. I will definitely be back!!!

1  Thank TXMomTheWoodlandsTx
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We waited in the sweltering heat for this burger for over an hour. Shade would be nice... Anyways, we love the quality of food, locally sourced, natural, fresh. It was a great burger don't get me wrong.. I've just had a lot of burgers. This ranks in the top 5 percen. My medium was cooked to we'll done, still juicy but overdone. The fries were epic, and I am not a huge fan of fries but I wish I would have ggotten a large. The Poblado burger was better than the classic for sure. The combo of Chipotle mayo and cheese made it decedent. Good experience but I would try to find a better time to go (although it looked busy all day). I'm glad I got to try this place out, I'll go on a cooler day next time.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My daughter and son-in law told us we had to eat here while visiting the area, and they were absolutely right. There are dozens of restaurants in the area, but this was the only one with a line out the front door. Although it was a little warm, an employees was continuously giving us ice water while we waited. We all got various burger and split an order of the truffle fries and green queso fries. Everything was amazingly fresh, perfectly seasoned and delivered quickly. We visit Austin two to three times a yeas and try to go to new places each time. This could be an exception to that rule.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Went for the first time at lunch last week and had the Primetime with truffle fries. Extremely yummy. Went again this week and had the la Bandita (to change things up and I like a good veggie burger).. I'm sure it's a personal thing (which is why I didn't dock the rating), but a mushy burger that crumbles (little to no taste either) isn't my idea of a good burger. Had the plain fries the second time too. Seriously. Why would you get anything other than the truffle fries? I will continue to explore the menu as I think from the Primetime burger experience it will be worth it.

Been to Hopdoddy? Share your experiences!