“WOW for the burgers!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed with my friend in a nearby hotel, we were very hungry and just walked in to the closest open restaurant not knowing anything about it. At first the concept felt to complicated and we were just about to leave when we saw the long line behind us. We then decided we had to try it. It is not at all as complicated as it looks. I ordered the tceasar sallad with turkey burger an my friend some other burger with fries and we both agreed on that it was one of the best burgers we had ever had. It is a very stressful enviroment, you eat and leave but if you are in the mood for great fool and are not expecting a candle-light dinner then this is the place.
The barbeque sauce is delicious!

Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

The hamburger was definitely a good burger; big meat patty, juicy, and very tasty. Trendy atmosphere that fits well with with South Congress scene. The French fries were fresh and I enjoyed every last one. I would return.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Strange concept for eating out - people wait in line to order and the servers reserve them a table as they wait. Nice work if you can get it - cudos to owners for succeeding at this. Most of the tables are "family style" as well.

I saw an opening at the bar and took two seats. I'm glad I was early enough to sit there with no wait since the food was just so-so.

OK, so I didn't get a beef burger and this is what this place is all about, but the Ahi Tuna burger was a big let down. Our friendly server at the bar recommended it rare and I agreed that's the way to serve tuna but I asked if they sear it and she said yes. It came out simply rare and not very warm (it appeared that it had been frozen recently). The sauce on it was sweet/savory - a disturbing but popular trend I'm sure. It also fell apart as I ate it. I couldn't finish it.

On the other hand the Turkey burger rocked! Very moist. I would never order turkey but my wife got the better order on this round. If you don't want a beef/burger check this out. But I wish I had gotten a regular burger.

Service at the bar was great and "The Mighty Mule" is an excellent idea for a drink if you tire of the sweet cocktail craze. Vodka, Maine Root Ginger Beer and lime. Very refreshing. Beer on tap menu is also good.

Quiet a scene if you're into that. Fun place.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Let me start by saying... I loved the food! The burger was up to the hype. The fries were some of the best I've ever eaten. Light, crispy, and full of flavor. That alone would have a 5/5 rating from me. But, there's some things that wasn't great. Being the "best" in a town of this size brings a new set of problems. Expect to wait... doesn't matter when you go. The atmosphere is more like cattle being shuffled around than a great eating experience. For the price, I expect a little more than feeling like I'm trying to eat a burger on the floor of the NYSE. Way too busy. Too loud. I will go again. But this time my wife and I will try texting each other at the table instead of trying to carry on a conversation.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We ate here our first night in Austin and it was absolutely wonderful. There was a decent line coming out of the door but it wasn't that long of a wait, and it was totally worth it.