“Great Thai place right in the heart of Austin”

Mai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #238 of 3,801 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: May explain why it was part of a coupon program and also why it was empty. Perhaps it is new.
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have only earn here once. The food was good, but not great. I definitely would eat here again and try something different (I had the Mussaman curry). The food is moderately priced and has a decent atmosphere. The service was fine and we had no problem getting a table for dinner. I will def come back to Mai Thai and try something new. The menu has a lot
Of interesting dishes and flavors to offer that need to be explored for a more proper review.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Average Thai food... which is always good! Nice to get some veggies in after so much meat and bread while travelling.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was skeptical about trying Mai Thai, because I have been disappointed by so many Thai restaurants downtown. That said, I'd heard good things about it from a trusted friend, so I was willing to give it a try. I was not disappointed! Their green curry is the best in town, and I highly recommend it. My other favorite dish is the Pad Pak. The vegetables are perfectly prepared, and the sauce is light and flavorful. If you like vegetables, this is your best choice. The Tom Kha soup is wonderful as well. If you're eating with a friend, split the big pot of it. The appetizers are only average, so I can't recommend them. Do, however, try the lunch specials. They are a great deal. Enjoy!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Surprisingly authentic tasty Thai food spring rolls excellent Tom Yum soup basil beef excellent just the right amount of spiciness. Ginger chicken fresh.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Enjoyed our meal. Would recommend this restaurant. Staff were pleasant.