“Great French Food in Texas???”
Review of Justine's 1937

Justine's 1937
Ranked #265 of 3,737 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sarasota, Florida
“Great French Food in Texas???”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

What a wonderful little bistro that's upscale with terrific service, great wine selection and wonderful after dinner drinks. The music was a little loud and we asked the waiter if they could turn it down a little and they did!!! The pork chop with au gratin potatoes was devine!!!

• Visited July 2014

“Best French food outside of France”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Visited due to me craving steak tartare while on a trip to Texas.

Food is top notch. Wine and cocktail list is extensive.

We sat inside on the first visit, and as it was so good we had to go back a second time, I struggle with humidity, but we sat outside on the second visit, we were placed near a fan which helped immensely, the steak tartare was just as good the second visit which proves the food is consistently good at this place.

It's also normal sized portions. To a European appetite anyway which meant I was able to finish my main and order dessert, the crème brulee was evenly crunchy on top and consistency silky and smooth throughout.

Defiantly will be returning should we be back.

“Wonderful food, wine, vibe and service”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This place is a wonderful all-around experience. The funky vibe of the converted house should not fool you – the food is very well conceived and executed. Also, this place has a well thought-out-wine list that is affordable. High recommend.

Visited June 2014
austin
“What a perfect place in every way!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I heard a lot about this restaurant and tried it for the first time last weekend. We arrived at 10:00 and had a drink while we waited for a table since we wanted to eat inside. Such an interesting and beautiful spot and the drinks were fabulous. The staff of handsome/beautiful servers are gracious and so polite and we were seated earlier than expected but quite happy to sit at the bar and people watch if we had to. I won't go into what we had for dinner other than to say everything from the appetizers to the dessert were fabulous. I must mention their brie melts in your mouth and is the best I've ever had. Apparently everyone spoke to has a different favorite dish from this restaurant with equally rave reviews. What a little gem of a place this is and now I get it. Justine's is just better than the rest!!

• Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“go find this place!!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I love quirky sort of bohemian spots that almost don't make sense. Add great food and drinks to that atmosphere and I'll stay all night. This place is in the most unlikely spot in an industrial area but once you enter the patio area, you have to just chuckle and go with the flow. The staff is equally bohemian (in the best of ways) and really on their game. The food was excellent. As the weather warms up, an evening dinner outside at Justine's has to be on your list of to-do's.

Visited April 2014