“Loved this place!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We are so glad we discovered Justine's, this restaurant is fantastic! It gets very busy and they don't take reservations, but the wait was worth it. We were lucky enough to get bar seats so we started with a lovely bottle of Rose. The bartender never left my wine glass empty or my water glass empty, which was super impressive since they were so busy. After getting seated we got 2 appetizers. The server was excellent, she made sure to check up on us and made sure our drinks and waters were always filled as well. Next our entrees came out and they were all very flavorful. I got the scallops and my husband got the rigatoni pasta. My scallops were cooked to perfection, and my husband, said the pasta was fantastic. We had a great time at Justine's and will be back the next time we're in town.

Visited May 2013

Austin, Texas
“French Bistro in East East Austin delivers ...”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

If you find yourself looking for delicious late night dining there is no better choice in Austin- Justine's is it.

If you find yourself in desperate need for a petanque game there is no better choice in Austin- Justine's is it.

If you want to be transported to France to enjoy unpretentious french cooking without getting on a plane- Justine's is it.

This little house with a wonderful outdoor patio in East Austin is a real treat for all of us in Austin. The food is simple and authentically french. It is delicious. The room is cozy and I love the vinyl playing in the background. I have been interrupted more than once with "just a moment, I have to change the record" while ordering a cocktail at the compact bar. Drinks are inventive but not novelties. This is an adult place with an adult vibe and will have a heaving crowd at midnight on a Thursday enjoying the patio, drinking wine, eating great food … and maybe even playing petanque!!!!

• Visited May 2013
Austin, Texas
“Date night anyone?”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Such a special place nestled among the industry of East 5th. Charming outdoor patio with white sparkling lights, blooming jasmine and bocce ball. Date night!

Suggestions: start with the Kir Royal (champagne with black currant liqueur) or the sugar rimmed lemon drop- perfection!

Order the scallops! Best I've ever had! Order steak and fritas with all 3 sauces! Yep- u can do that!

Then round it off with lattes and creme brûlée. Delish!

Get there early! But they don't open til 6. No- they really don't open til 6. Which left us standing on the curb for 15mins. No bar to grab a drink til 6pm.

Parking on the street. Handicap parking in the back.

No need to dress up either. But then again it was a Wednesday night. And it's Austin.

Great date spot. Great food. And music is via records! Enjoy.

• Visited May 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Loved it!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The food was amazing! We went for dinner and while it's not cheap, there are some more affordable options and the more expensive ones are totally worth it qualitywise . Very cute decor and nice atmosphere. We went with a group and it was fun, but I think this would actually be the perfect date place. The food was super tasty and authentic. Wine was great too. I heard their brunch on Sundays is great and I would totally try that - looked like you could sit outside too.

Visited March 2013
Midland
“So French”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Justine's is a favorite of ours. We just had a family birthday celebration there for a daughter who spent a semester in France. Go when you can eat outside, though; the inside is very noisy. The food is very good. The prices are reasonable. All French favorites are there. The people watching is as interesting as the food--again, just like in France!

• Visited April 2013