“Felt like family.”

Ranked #147 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“Felt like family.”
Reviewed July 9, 2009

We actually stayed two different times. The first time for 5 days and had a king size room. The manager was woderful and went out of her way to make any request we had. A week later coming back thru we stayed 6 days we got there early our room wasn't ready so they provided us with another one. This was on a weekend when UT was graduating so they were full. We all Love the pool clean, and has three different levels for the whole family. I was told someone else complained about the noise but we were on the pool side. Everyone was respectful I felt safe and really enjoyed the evening with other families who were visiting. The manager is the best thing going. They are remoldling so there may be something you have to ask for but they will bend over backwards trying to provide it. For the price you cannot beat it. They may in the future if finance premits add soom breakfast type things fruit, etc, but I wouldn't expect it for what you are paying. Diana

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Louisiana
Reviewed June 16, 2009

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at North Austin Plaza Hotel and Suites. The staff members are very friendly and accomodating. The rooms are up-to-date and clean, as are the entire grounds. The location is also very convienent, access to all of Austin is just minutes away! This was the 2nd year in a row that we stayed at North Austin Plaza while attending the Republic Of Texas (R.O.T.) Bike Rally, and we plan on staying there in 2010 also! (maybe even sooner if we visit Austin again before that time)

Thanks to all of the staff and management at North Austin Plaza Hotel and Suites for creating a comfortable and welcoming setting!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
San Antonio
Reviewed June 12, 2009

The grounds were excellent, and the location was perfect. I only wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2009

The Hotel is very pleasant and very well located in Austin. The staff is very professional and helpful with any issue that may occur. I will most definitely go back to this Hotel on my trips to Austin.

• Stayed June 2009
Texas
Reviewed April 24, 2009

I used to stay at the Hyatt Downtown, but I came during a busy time therefore causing Hyatt to having no vacancys. I called around and found North Austin Plaza and got a great room, great service, and great customer service that on a scale of 1-10 and 10 being the best I would give them a 10... they took care of me in my every need and made my stay very comfortable... I have been staying with North Austin Plaza everytime I travel to Austin and each and every time I get treated with the upmost respect and kindness so why would I stay at a high priced hotel with poor customer service when I can stay at the North Austin Plaza and get a great rate as well as excellent Customer Service... i thank all the staff at this hotel and would like to especially thank Management for their wonderful work in selecting only the best of the best....

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed April 19, 2009

This hotel isn't the best. There are MANY things that could be improved. However, for the price, this place is great. If you're not planning on spending much time in your hotel room while in Austin (which is probably a great idea - Austin is an amazing city) then this place should work as well for you as it did for us. It's in a great location, the service was fast and friendly, and it is extremely affordable. It could be cleaner, quieter, etc., so if you're picky, this place probably isn't for you. If you only need a bed, shower, toilet, etc., then I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
ft.hood, tx
Reviewed March 20, 2009

Lady at the front desk took an hour to check me and one other couple into the hotel. Couldn't figure out what the problem was with the fax machine-it was out of paper both times....Refused to give me a fridge, even if I came to front desk to pick it up. Gave me a smoking room when I reserved a non-smoking. Don't think the swimming pool had been maintained for years. People smoking marijuana in next room over, not a place for children. Made me pay a cash deposit when the room was paid by card in advance. Ended up losing the cash deposit. General manager called me a couple weeks later saying she found the problem and was going to mail a check to my house, she never did.......There are other bad reviews for this hotel. If anything, take my advice and DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Waryas, Karen Waryas- General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, April 17, 2009
Thank you for your feedback. It is through constructive criticism such as this that allows us to get better. I certainly understand the frustrations you experience during your stay with us and I have addressed these specific items with our staff. Your cash deposit was sent to the address you had provided. I am sorry it was not given at check out. Should your travels bring you through Austin, we would love the opportunity to restore your faith in our services and our hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels