New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Staff very pleasant.
When checking in, he heard us mention the book so he booked us a room on the 1st floor (preferred) with a pool view for the same low rate we were quoted online
Room was clean and had all the essentials ... Nice hot shower

Continental breakfast incl hot waffles, eggs n sausage. Again staff was helpful and friendly.

Would recommend this place in the middle if austin.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Larry G, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Valued Traveler-

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. We're happy you found the accommodations and service levels excellent and that the breakfast was enjoyable.

We look forward to seeing you again when traveling to Austin and we'll share your comments with all of our staff members.

Thanks again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

As a quality inn I didn't have a problem with the hotel. Continental breakfast was good. The location was great. Staff members were courteous and helpful when needed. The king size bed was comfortable. There could have been a couple more outlets but they are in the renovation process. This was a great affordable place for someone away from home.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Mrs. Green-

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your recent visit with us. We are happy the staff was professional and extended their helping hands whenever needed and the accommodations were clean and comfortable.

We will share your comments with our staff and management and we hope to see you again when visiting the Austin area.

Thanks again,
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I came out here for SXSW and the location was great, it helped being around a lot of the action for a price that makes SO MUCH more sense than everything else during this time.
The room was decent, but it came with WiFi and good air conditioning, few electrical outlets though. What made this stay from a 4 to 5 in my experience was the continental breakfast.. The fifth star was the friendly and hardworking Peggy her service was amazing, she was accommodating and really nice to visitors. I really felt at home a lot in part to her work ethic and service. Overall, come check this place out especially if you're here for South by!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rachel P, Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
AndreRaph,

I am ecstatic about your review! My breakfast attendant will definitely receive a copy of this review and I appreciate your comments. I'd love for you to return to our hotel the next time you're in town. Our hotel is in the midst of renovations, so you'll be able to experience an even BETTER stay!
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Trust me when I tell you that this hotel is not worth your hard earned money. The management of this establishment is not worth any of your exasperation, caused by explaining why your stay is going to be a horrible experience. Let me tell you what I went through as a fellow consumer: I spent 1 hr+ to check in, because management in all their wisdom decided to have only one clerk, (only positive, was the clerk Julius on duty, sharp under pressure), rooms smelled of feet, and the Q showers a joke, they have signs posted that you will have a Q shower experience (curved curtain poles, state of the art fixtures) they sit on a throne of lies. If you visit Austin stays away from this hotel, unless you want a vacation filled with frustration, irritation, annoyance, and anger. I would have rather slept in my car than pay the $80.00. You have been warned.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Reuben G
Larry G, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Reuben,

After reading your review I'm quite stunned by your experience. I certainly wish to convey my regret at the disappointment you must have felt when attempting to check in. It is a hotel policy to have two or more Front Desk agents on event/busy weekends; one employee manning the front desk is NOT the norm, and I have addressed the issue personally.

You were a little unclear about your expectations for our Q Shower, but all the same I do apologize you were unable to enjoy your experience.

On a positive note, our hotel is currently undergoing renovations and I cordially invite you to return to witness the new changes.

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Lexington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I was hesitant to stay here after reading older reviews, but rooms are clean and comfortable after recent renovations. Service is great-- Amy is very accommodating. It is a great place for group travel. Breakfast was good. Would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank powelle16
Larry G, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you for your comments and we're very happy that the staff members especially Ami were professional in handling your needs and that you can see the positive changes taking place here at the Quality Inn North Austin.

We hope you to see you during your next visit to Austin as we continue our upgrades in guest service and comfort.
Houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We booked a reservation through hotels.com for one night. At 11pm, I called the hotel to let them know I was going to be arriving between midnight and 1am. The attendant said that as long as I arrive before 2am, I should be fine. We arrived at 1:15am and a different attendant was at the desk and said that they had no rooms. I told them I had a reservation that was paid for. She replied that they don't guarantee reservations and they come in from the online system at different times of the day so the hotel can get overbooked. What kind of policy is this??? I reserved the room 4 days before my trip, so I should not have to worry that the reservation means nothing when I arrive for check in. This has never happened to me before. My friend and I had to scramble to find another place to sleep at 2am. Called hotels.com and their rebooking department had me on hold for 20 minutes, so I gave up and hung up, called them again and asked them to refund the reservation. Apparently their rebooking department was overloaded from calls in the east coast due to weather. At 2am, that's just an excuse. Luckily, my friend knew someone in Austin who graciously opened their home to us. Will never book a Choice hotel (quality inn) ever again or with hotels.com. Attendant looked like a little bored kid that kept staring at me instead of offering assistance.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!! There's no guarantee your reservation will be honored.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Larry G, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear valued guest-

Thank you for your feeedback regarding your stay with us on a very busy weekend in the Austin area. We will share your comments with our staff and will ensure proper steps are taken to address the issues mentioned.

We would also like to announce that our ongoing renovation efforts will help many of the issues noted and we hope to have you back to experience a greater level of comfort and service.

Thanks again for your feedback
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Gawd, if I could have given this place a 0 star I would have!!!

It's my own bloody fault for not checking a map or even Yelp before booking this place. But I was at San An and thought I'll just jump on expedia and book anything. Thankfully I only paid for 2 nights $80 -

It was an absolute nightmare. I mean, I have paid for $30 rooms before and not been greeted with what I got at this place.

The staff are lovely but that doesn't make up for the dodgy disgusting room that I was greeted with.

A) the room smelt like wet dog x 100
B) the air con wasn't working (in the middle of summer)
C) there was no window to open, only the door to try to get smell out - which didn't help because it was still the middle of summer and there was no breeze!!
D) I left door open and stayed in room for about 20 minutes before I had to get out because I was retching.

I went to complain at the front counter and was advised that they can't do anything about the room. I might have blinked a few times. You what? Maybe it was my accent, they didn't understand - don't laugh it happened a lot in America! So I say again. I can't stay in that room, the musty wet smell is making me ill. Too bad. Nothing can be done.

At which point I cracked it.

I called expedia who advised that I can't get a refund of any kind because of the kind of booking it was. At this point I was in tears and wondering what I was doing travelling around America on my own and being stuck in a hellhole like this. So basically I had the choice of spending my time in Austin sick or giving up on my $80 and staying somewhere else.

Guess which option I chose?

I hightailed it out of there and got in a cab to go to the city centre.Not before making use of their computer in the lobby to find me a non-smelly hotel. I booked with Holiday Inn and ran out of there like the devil was on my tail.

So when next thinking of choosing something because it was cheap and sounded ok... Think again. Better yet, look the darn thing up on Yelp, TripAdvisor or Google.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GreenlyFaerie
Larry G, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Value Guest-

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay with us during the past summer. We are proud to announce that our renovation project is now in progress and we are highly committed to greater levels of comfort and service.

We welcome you to experience the new and improved accommodations upon your next visit with us.