“Not god experience”

Ranked #150 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“Not god experience”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Not a good place to stay. its big property but they were fail to maintain it. we got in a room and figures the toilet flush not working, we went at desk and good thing they gave us different room.
I would not stay again here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SuunyD13
Larry G, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you for expressing your views regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business as a valued guest and we would like to extend our apologies for not meeting your expectations.

We do however urge you to keep us in mind when visiting Austin in the near future to witness some of the wonderful upgrades that will be taking place in our hotel during our upcoming renovation.

With kindest regards,

Management and Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
New York
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The room was very adequate for our needs. I had a problem with one aspect of our stay. The desk help were very understanding and switched our room. I was very pleased with the stay here. This is obviously a very busy hotel - so there must be many things that they are doing right. I will definitely consider staying here on another occasion. The desk help was very friendly. And the hot and cold breakfast spread was more than adequate. Thank you.

Room Tip: I personally like the outside-facing rooms close to the parking.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Larry G, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Austin, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for the review!

I appreciate the compliments and I'll pass them on to my staff.

We're undergoing renovations at the moment as well. Come stay with us again some time!
Irving, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Avoid this place at all cost..spend the extra $20 a night to stay somewhere else!!! We stayed on 10/25 and 10/26 and it will be the last!! I wish I had moved the night we got there...the lady at the front desk was super rude! We checked in late friday...went to bed right away..when we got up Saturday morning to take showers we say hair all over the shower and on the floor...DISGUSTING!! I didn't call down because we left early Saturday morning and we figured the maid would come and clean..I left towels around the area on the floor with the hair..well we did not get back till around 1am, No maid had come by, we had no fresh towels, and the bathroom was still a mess!!! I called the front desk, very upset..asking for fresh towels .. the lady told me "she was the only one there and there was no towels" she also said "she was the front desk agent, not a maid, so she did not know why no maid had come" .. I was disgusted by this place..the room floor was also a stained..the mirror was old and cracked...it was a terrible experience!! We will never go back to this inn again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sarah M

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 28, 2013

stayed 10-26 to 28, 2013 Tried to check in at 1pm Holly told us to come back at 3pm we tried again at 2:20 said she had two rooms ready but they were not together did we want to wait 30min to get two together we said yes. Came back 30mins. later and they told us there were no rooms ready. At 4pm they were handing out numbers like at the deli in the order you came in it went up to #48 we were #2 thank goodness.. found out later some people didn't get in a room till 8 or 9pm. Anyway finally at 5pm they had a room in the system and were ready to give out rooms by #'s. Well Holly instead of calling #2 decided to help someone that walked up. I made a comment about it and she took us and asked that person to wait. So now she gives us rooms that were not close to each other (that's why we waited). as we walked out the guy that went before us was coming back because his room was not cleaned... What a mess
This property is losing big money.. Poor management. There were 20 rooms that we counted just by us that the beds were striped all bedding thrown on the chair or dresser 2 rooms were made up they stayed that way the whole time we stayed.. and a sign on the front door of the lobby stating the hotel was sold out Really!!!! The only thing half decent was the breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rustynail31
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed only for one night but this night was iiiiiii. The bathroom is really black on the wall, everywhere is hair from former guests and you also can use the toothpaste from the former guests, because it's still on it. No, we won't come back again. No, we can't recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank docfish7
Lubbock, TX
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We arrived in to Austin for the ACL music festival on Friday around 1:45 pm. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were told we could not check in because check in time was 3:00. I asked if we couldn't get an early check in and the girl at the front desk told me no because housekeeping was not done cleaning any of the rooms yet (an excuse that I did not buy at all, but whatever).

So we went ahead to ACL and just left our luggage in the car (our plan had been to call a cab to come and get us from the hotel but that wasn't possible since we had nowhere to keep our luggage had we gone that route). After ACL, we got back to the hotel to check in around 12:30 am. To our surprise, there was a line about 15 people deep in the lobby waiting to do the same and only two employees there to check people in. One of them appeared to be a manger and he only bothered checking people in whenever it seemed to be convenient for him. The other poor guy was stuck checking people in by himself while the line of guests only continued to grow. It was literally 35 minutes from the time I walked into the lobby to the time I got to the front desk to check in.

On top of that, there were also several guests down in the lobby complaining about issues with their rooms (One girl even was assigned a room that already had guests in it).

The room was a piece of crap (half of the TV channels didn't work, the phone didn't have a phone cord, the shower pressure was almost non-existent), but that was to be expected with the $69 rate. I stay in crapholes like this one all the time and never really have a problem with them, but the fact that the girl in the afternoon wouldn't let us check in an hour early combined with the inept evening manager later that night lead me to write this negative review. I have never had such a problem checking into some run-down, budget hotel in my life.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CadeKor23
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I try not to offer a bad review for any business, but this one I just have to. I only stayed here because the city was full and it was a last minute booking. The rate of $79 was decent, but after seeing the unclean room it was more like a $30 room. Behind the night stand were old plastic forks, trash, cigarette ashes. The bathroom floor had trash and dirt in the corners. There were several hairs in the tub and toilet. The bottom of the tub looked as if it hadn't been thorougly cleaned in at least a year. The coffe pot had coffee stains in it. It was difficult to sleep at night knowing how dirty the room was. I didn't mind it being an older hotel, but there is no excuse for not being clean. They definitely need a new housekeeping director/staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family