“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Family-owned Indian food trailer turned brick + mortar restaurant located on Rainey Street in the heart of Austin, TX.
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Awesome tongue torching great food and an awesomely hospitable and friendly chef/owner. Great first visit, wont bw my last

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I love this place. I love the ambience (back of a food truck!), love the name, loved our wacky waittress, and totally enjoyed the food. If you do ONE restaurant in Austin, this should be the one.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Four of us spent the evening here last month. Excellent venue, very buzzy and packed to capacity. We chose different options form a very varied menu and sampled each other's plates. I don't think there was a bad meal! All delicious and we enjoyed the chat with very friendly staff too.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We went for dinner at this place last saturday night and had a good meal. This place has moved to a new location 73 Rainey which is not too far from the old location, 91 Red River. We didn't have reservations and so had to wait for about an hour to get a table - so highly recommend getting a reservation for dinner. We had the batura with baingan aloo and chicken vindaloo, all of which tasted great and was spicy enough for out palettes. Namaste beer goes very well with the spicy food. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband and I had dinner here just a few days ago. The food was wonderful, the wine was delicious, and the service was good (but not amazing). If you go, definitely try the samosas.

I am a vegetarian, and I love visiting Austin because the restaurants all have plenty of veg options. G'Raj Mahal goes beyond even that standard by providing a completely separate vegetarian menu with lots of tasty-sounding choices.

The ambiance was relaxed and fun. We sat outside where we could enjoy the nice spring weather and people watch.

We made a reservation online a few hours before dinner time. Their website is easy to navigate on a smartphone, and we were seated immediately even though we arrived just as the dinner rush was starting.

One note: the TripAdvisor listing still shows their food truck address. They have moved to a permanent building at 73 Rainey Street.

Been to G'Raj Mahal? Share your experiences!