“Mushroom Masala and Garlic Naan!!!!!!!”
Review of G'Raj Mahal

G'Raj Mahal
Ranked #136 of 3,816 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Family-owned Indian food trailer turned brick + mortar restaurant located on Rainey Street in the heart of Austin, TX.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was an Indian food skeptic until I tried the mushroom masala at G'raj Mahal. I was ready to find a Tex-Mex place with margaritas and chips and queso but a friend of mine insisted that we eat here while we were on a girls trip. So we hopped in our car, picked up a bottle of wine and found our table at G'raj Mahal. OMG I am so glad we did. We live in San Antonio I have been back 4 times since then, bring anyone who I can lure in my car to go with me.

Just go, you wont be disappointed. Oh! Also, they are very accommodating to gluten-free stuff.

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner outside on a cold evening and were greeted with hot chai tea! Soup and dinner was wonderful. The server, a Sarasota native, was very prompt, informed, and friendly. We were told that in 2014 they are moving to a building- look forward to trying it next visit.

1  Thank tustina
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Ambiance was fun and festive. Food was tasty and was served fairly quickly. Staff very pleasant. A little chilly the night we went although the closer you sit to the heaters, the more comfortable it is in low temps (we ate there in the mid-40s).Parking is tricky--we got lucky and only had to walk a couple of blocks. Rice pudding was outstanding as was the coconut naan. Portions could be larger--all three of us ordered dessert because we felt we didn't get enough even with naan and samosas.

1  Thank undinabiker
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Loved Graj, great atmosphere and food. The outdoor seating is very nice, perfect place for a dinner! Will be coming back!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We came across this place after venturing down to Rainey street which is a must visit place.The restaurant was very busy,as we hadnt booked a table we had to wait a short time so popped over the road to a really cool bar.One thing to note is that you need to take your own liquor.
The restauarant itself is a very novel idea and works well.The food was fantastic,I don't think anybody would be disappointed.
All in all,excellent food,excellent service,excellent location,plenty of bars to explore after.

Been to G'Raj Mahal? Share your experiences!