“great experience cool place”
Review of G'Raj Mahal

G'Raj Mahal
Ranked #167 of 3,779 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Family-owned Indian food trailer turned brick + mortar restaurant located on Rainey Street in the heart of Austin, TX.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

all the people is relaxed, the staff was friendly, the food was delicious, the floor is gravel, a lot of rice, people bring their own wine, it has good prices. great atmosphere

There are newer reviews for G'Raj Mahal

Reviewed July 19, 2013

It is an outdoor eatery. They have a kitchen truck and the eating area is gravel covered in a tent. I was there by myself. The portion was big and I was not able to sample many flavors. To me, food was just OK. The atmosphere was not a good match for me at that time.

But, there is this one thing. Rose Lassi. I never had it before and I kept thinking about it after I came home. It was brilliant.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The name of the place makes it worth a visit! If you want luxury this is not the place for you, however we really enjoyed the experience. The food and service were excellent. The food is served on paper plates, the floor is gravel and the 'restaurant' is covered but has no walls. If you want great Indian food, good prices and a different dining experience this is the place to come. It's great!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am lucky to have a wonderful friend whose mother makes me delicious Indian Cuisine, therefor I am normally disappointed by Indian Restaurants. G'Raj Mahal is the first Indian Restaurant where I actually would choose to go eat at again. Samosas were divine. THe riata helped balance the intense flavor of the three entrees our table of four split. We loved the tiki masala Chicken and the Kashmiri Lamb. The star of our meal was the Malia Kofta whose "dumplings" were complimented by the most delectable sauce. I think I could drink this sauce. The atmosphere here was relaxed and fun. We forget to bring our alcohol for BYOB but did not miss it. Friends told us that they often get their meal to go and eat it across the street at Clive's Bar. I cannot recommend this place enough!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

if you love indian food, this is the place. granted i havent been to many others in austin...well, only one other now that i think about it, but once you eat here there is no need to check out the others unless its raining outside. its byob which i like. outside, which is great if the weather is great. the staff is friendly. the food is perfect. if you like spicy get the fish....i dont remember the name of the dish but it comes in a red vinegary sauce that is amazing.
put it on your list when in austin!
also, its within walking distance to some of the best bars in town.

Been to G'Raj Mahal? Share your experiences!