Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
$249
$229
$282
$239
$161
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
$96
$89
$169
$155
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$94
$661
$575
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
All reviewscenter for the performing artsgreat ratebed was comfortablehotel is in a great locationwhataburgerstovebat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2009

We stayed here for the Austin City Limits Festival. For this event the hotel was in the perfect location. It is a decent walk over the Congress St. Bridge if you are looking to spend most of your time downtown. The rooms were clean, not very big though. The kitchenete was great and the staff was very good. Overall we had a very nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2009

OK, so we were looking for a budget hotel for our quick, last minute overnight stay in Austin and were "assigned" to the Homestead Studio Suites through Hotwire - so we couldn't change the hotel. Now, we were not expecting the Ritz. However, we were expecting something decent.

In a nutshell: this hotel is poorly managed, and it is FILTHY, FILTHY, FILTHY - the walls are tainted, the carpets look like they haven't been washed in years, the pillows smelled terrible, and the bedsheets felt as if they had not been changed. Adding to this, our first room plumbing broke so we could not take a shower, and our second room had missing closet doors which only gave added to the super-low-budget feel of this dump.

I have a high threshold for not so perfect places, but Homestead Studio Suites takes the cake! It is definitely the worst hotel I ever stayed in anywhere!

Please do not spend your well earned money on this horrible hotel. I feel sad for those families having to stay there for extended periods of time, as the place is intended for.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I'm sure it helped that the rooms had been recently re-done, but they were pristine, and comfy. Best of all, we were within walking distance to work, as well as great, hip restaurants and music clubs. And the price could not be beaten. I've already got reservations for our return visit.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2009

I feel like things are crawling on me. I'm not really all that weird about that kind of thing either, but i can't help it. There's cigarette burns in everything (in my no smoking room). The bed and bedding are perhaps circa 1983. The TV also. The wi fi is probably my BIGGEST problem, working intermittently (I'm sitting here now hoping this doesn't dead end on me as the signal drops.

I've stopped thinking about swine flu and can't get cockroaches out of my brain because i know they're lurking somewhere in this room, probably near my kitchen foods, eeek.

Thank god i'm only here one night, don't have to pay the $3.00 to get my room cleaned for me. (otherwise they only do it by the week).. I can't believe i paid $130.00 to be in a crappy hotel 1 block from the event, would rather be 50 miles away.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2008

We stayed here in Sept. 2008 because of the Houston-area evacuation for Hurricane Ike. We had a handicap-accessible room, and the smell alone was horrific. The location is great, but the cleanliness was a big issue for me. They charge an extra $25 per night if you have a pet for "cleaning services." It was obvious that the occupants prior to us had a pet, but we found tennis balls and visual evidence of the former occupants everywhere. Dishes still had food traces on them, etc. I would have switched hotels if everywhere else hadn't been booked. And this place wasn't cheap either!

Stayed: September 2008