Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$127
$265
$244
$198
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$115
Agoda.com
W Austin(Austin)
$245
$209
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewscenter for the performing artsgreat ratebed was comfortablehotel is in a great locationwhataburgerstovebat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I booked this due to its proximity to Threadgills, and the great price for a room in Austin. I wasn't expecting a Hilton or W experience, but based on the reviews I was concerned it might be worse than a Motel 6 in a ghetto off an interstate. Thankfully, it was not. It was perfectly average. The staff was nice, the room was clean, and the kitchenette was a nice addition. I have no complaints regarding this motel, and will stay here again when Threadgills is my Austin destination.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I booked this place over the net and some 6 months out from the event. When I arrived check in was smooth and hassle free. The staff assisted in my requirements for a security box and I had no issues with my room at all. The other member in my party had a smoking room, and the smell of old smoke was very powerful, it was easy to tell that it had been a smoking room for some time.
My room (non smoking) was clean, had great faultless wireless internet and no major issues at all. The only down side would have been the shower curtain that would leak every time.
Over all a great time and I will be staying there again next time I am in the states.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms overlooking 6th street, the view on the upper floors was great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I chose this hotel for its great proximity to Zilker Park for the recent ACL Festival - it is the closest place to stay, and a great quick walk there. So in that regard, this place can't be beat.

It seems like a selling point that it has a little efficiency kitchenette with a counter and chairs to sit at.. It was stocked with a few pots and pans, flatware and dishes, working fridge, two burner cooktop, some dishtowels and a little packet of dish soap - it comes with everything you should need - but has a kind of run down look that makes you feel like it isn't really clean.

The room was pretty clean, bed and bedding ok, no sign of any bugs. Bathroom was clean, but the toilet made a LOUD noise about half the times it was flushed. The shower was clean, good water pressure, plenty of hot water. Towels were scratchy low quality, I did get one bar of soap and a little tube of shampoo. The hook on the back of the bathroom door was barely hanging on, so no place to hang a towel - not very environmentally friendly to just throw it on the floor!

The décor of hallways (big stains on the carpeting) elevators, and lobby just seemed cheap and run down. For 229 per night, it was no bargain, especially since the Sheraton Capital was only 179 (although that luxury was just too far to walk from ACL). Next time I'll stay nicer and take a cab!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JB100858
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Mary K - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am pleased to read that you found our location and hotel rooms amenities convenient for your stat. Please accept our most sincere apologies that the condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are currently schedule to undergo a full refresh of our location beginning the end of this year.

I really appreciate sharin your experience with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at adt@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is definitely the worst hotel I've stayed in within the US. The room was dirty and this "nonsmoking room" smelled horribly of stale cigarettes. A guest walked by and muttered, "watch out for the roaches." I am sorry to say he wasn't joking. For an extended stay hotel, or any hotel, this was outrageous. There was nothing in the room, not even shampoo or an alarm clock. Also no fitness center or business center. In late evening, no one even at front desk to arrange a wakeup call. I am NOT picky but I would have left if this had not been prepaid by my company. I cannot believe I had to go out and buy air freshener and roach spray just to deal with this place for a few days, but there it is.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Katelin T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Katelin - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. The situation you described regarding the condition of the room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team will be making sure to treat and diffuse rooms that have a smell and possible insects. Still, I am pleased that our location was ideal for your stay.

I will continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate that you provided us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at adt2@extendedstay.com, I would like to discuss this matter further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Anyone giving this $hitdump anything above one star HAS to be a stockholder. I made a reservation at this "hotel" for a 5 night stay after my original hotel reservation was given away when my flight was majorly delayed. I was in town for a conference and rooms were hard to come by. This was the only "hotel" in the city limits that had availability...I now know why. Upon walking into my room I was greeted by a smell that I imagined was the remnants of the meth lab that someone was running in there. Moldy bathroom, dirty carpets, sandpaper sheets and SKETCHY guests walking up and down the halls knocking on doors all night—I seriously got the impression a minor prostitution ring was being run out of the 2nd floor. I stayed a total of 6 hours and checked out the next morning...I didn't even bother complaining, I was just happy I wasn't murdered in my sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business