“South Austin Trip”

Ranked #159 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Tampa, Florida
“South Austin Trip”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

A perfect Home away from Home. Its walking distance to Congress Avenue atnd all of its really delightful offerings. However, you are not paying those ridiculous prices being charged by other places on the strip that do not even offer an complete efficiency. It is very clean and safe and did feel a lot like home.

Room Tip: Just be nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
Carbondale, Colorado
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family of three stayed for several nights in a room with a queen and pullout sofa bed, and a kitchen. The room was really cramped for this many people, especially because of a rather small closet and no dresser, and especially with the sofa pulled out for sleeping. Also, the pullout was very uncomfortable. But the room rate was less than for other accomodations in the same area, about a 1/2 mile walk from downtown. There are several restaurants only a block away. There is ample free parking for guests in a lot that seems fairly secure.

The kitchen had the barest assortment of china, utensils, and cooking supplies that I have ever encountered in an accomodation advertising kitchen facilities, although the stove, microwave oven, and refrigerator were satisfactory. The room had a wall mounted air conditioner that kept the room at a set temperature, but was noisier than a cental unit. Otherwise, the place was quiet except for occasional load mouthed people in the hallway outside the room, and had daily cleaning and towel replacement by staff.

I wouldn't rule out staying there again, but I would first check the prices at some other hotels in the hope of finding something with a nicer room for not much greater cost.

Room Tip: Get one with sufficient beds for everyone, rather than a pull-out sofa bed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cetus12

Again, I am sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
dallas
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was a nice hotel for a quick visit to go to 6th Street. The staff was nice, efficient and helpful during check-in and check-out. The beds were hard but outside of that everything was fine. There wasn’t a lot of noise, the taxis came through often, but the hallways could use some airing out. Things were a little stuffy. They only had a smoking room available, but the smell was not overwhelming. The AC was great, it worked perfectly, the refrigerator was clean and cold, the TV had as the channels you’ll need and the shower had great water pressure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback about your stay at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings; it is rewarding to know that we were able to do just that for you! Please do accept my apologies about the bed. Our company polled guests around the country in order to make an educated decision on which type to place in the rooms. It seems that they are not perfect for everyone; however, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. We loved having you as our guest!

It would be our pleasure to have you visit with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations. Thank you once more for your kind words.
San Jose, California
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We booked a last-minute room with Homestead Suites and found the front desk staff to be kind and helpful. Our room had a king sized bed and a double pull-out couch. Both were comfortable and the air conditioning was fine. The bathroom could use a touch up as the toilet seat was chipped and looked a bit beat up. Besides that, it was an over all fine stay and the kitchenette was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this review, August 23, 2012

Alvin, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I wanted a hotel close to downtown without spending a fortune, and Homestead Suites filled the bill. Yes, the bed could have been more comfortable and the room better furnished, but I don't go to Austin to hang out in a hotel and after a full day of fun, I slept just fine. The room was clean, I felt safe, and all the employees I spoke to were super friendly. Between the excellent rate I got on Priceline and free parking, it couldn't be beat!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Austin - Downtown - Town Lake. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Wow... it's bad. The rooms are fairly beat-up - matted down carpet, rough comforters and generally dingy throughout. I found long black hair in my bathroom, and there was visible mildew throughout the tub and tile. The air conditioning in my and my friend's room was louder than was acceptable - making a shuddering noise when it turned off. Windows did not have sheers, so it was either full exposure to the outside world, or feeling as if you were in a cave. When I woke up in the morning, we walked outside of my room to find a random individual passed out face-down on the carpet. I told the front desk, and they immediately took care of it, but I had to wonder how long the guy was lying there. For the same price, there are too many other options in the area that are far better...

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank PlatinumStrider

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

As well, I am sorry to hear that your AC unit did not work as expected. I have contacted Maintenance who are now working on the machines to ensure the same experience does not happen again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here to watch the amazing 4th of July fireworks and Symphony show that Austin puts on every year. The hotel was two blocks away from the park where the fireworks were displayed which made for easy walking and no mess of driving out during the big rush! Location of the hotel is the best feature. Especially nice was the cost of the hotel compared to other hotels that were similar distances from the fireworks display - this hotel was about 60% of the cost of the other hotels, plus free parking and a full kitchen. Those perks were great, but the comfort of the bed was my one big complaint. I did not sleep well. The bed was harder than I've seen at even the cheapest hotels. For a place fitting the extended-stay crowd, having a bed worth staying for would be a draw for me.... If location is key, stay here, but I wouldn't stay more than an overnight trip. The bed comfort isn't worth the cost saved. Hotel staff were overwhelmed and understaffed for an evening check-in. Bathroom was mostly clean, but still could use some work. A used pair of contact lenses was left on the nightstands - a clue to how thorough the room was cleaned?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Austin - Downtown - Town Lake. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.