Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
Ranked #156 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I tried to stay with my family for the weekend. After Friday night our floor smelled horrible and was covered in beef jerky trash. I go out with my family in the morning and 4 men share the elevator with us. Luckily they stopped talking about strip clubs long enough to race and see who could "pound" a four loko the fastest. We checked out a night early and went to stay with my mother-in-law.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank Luv2travel1992
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Nice studio apt. conveniently located to downtown with good dining/bar options within walking and taxi distance.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank frankspurs
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a long weekend in Austin, the hotel is in a great location, no fee for parking (which is huge for a hotel so close to Downtown Austin). The rooms were ok, furniture was dated, very basic decor, nothing spectacular. The look and feel of the room were not all that important since we spent very little time in it. The thing that struck me as odd was the lack or mirrors... this was a group of four girls, trust me, lack of mirrors was pretty major! Bottom line: price was the lowest in the area, but it showed in the quality of the room, location was great.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank denisi11
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I really am OK with 2 & 3 star hotels and only a fool goes to Austin to spend time in the hotel. But this one is dated and unclean. Too bad. It’s a four star location. You are close to the running paths around the lake and you can also walk (stumble) to SoCo. I took a morning stroll to Torchy tacos on First Ave (highly recommend). Downtown is just across the bridge, for heavens sake! If the rooms were not so dreadful, I would be back in a flash. I mean it, the location is hard to beat. But...

It looks typical and sterile from the outside but the rooms are anything but. Tired and filthy! If you’ve read this far you want proof. I pulled up the sheets to check for bed bugs (there were none, for which they should get credit), but there was a mat of pubic hair between the bottom sheet and the mattress pad. Sorry to gross you out, but it’s the honest truth. Shower was old & filthy, too. But after the mattress inspection my expectations were already rock bottom.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank GoneTrippn
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Great location close to everything - but infested with German Cockroaches!! Yuck!! Also internet signal is very low. Unable to complete work-related tasks due to low signal strength. I guess middle-eastern manager considers cockroaches acceptable - not me - won't be back!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you like cockroaches!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2011

This is the first Homestead I've stayed in and was pleased with the room, especially given the price and proximity to downtown. We were put into an accessible room so not sure if all the rooms are as big but ours was great.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2011

When we opened the door to our room, a trail of ants and a roach were eating sugar left on the kitchen counter. The nightstand had a sticky, unidentified substance on it. It was late, so we cleaned what we could and decided to stay the night. We reported the problems at the front desk the next day and the front desk clerk assured us it would be cleaned. It wasn't cleaned during the remaining three days of our trip. We could have done much better for the money we paid.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Austin hotels
Downtown
Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.
Hyatt Regency Austin
#16 of 201 in Austin

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake? Share your experiences!