InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
$258
$219
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$140
$125
$256
$239
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
$107
$99
$227
  • Breakfast included
$150
$137
  • Breakfast included
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
$251
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$99
Omni Hotels
W Austin(Austin)
$279
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
1,286 results
All reviewsroaring forkterrace barfront deskclub roomgreat hotelcapitol buildingheart of downtowncongress avenuewalking distancevalet staffvalet parkingsixth streetmini barspacious rooma great staythe location is perfecti highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed at the Intercontinental for 3 nights while visiting family. The front desk and bell staff were very friendly and helpful. They seemed genuinely interested in pleasing their guests. A guest services rep, Tammie, was particularly helpful when I was having printing challenges in the business center. Additionally, this hotel is in a great location, close to restaurants, bars and the capital building. When weather permits, the terrace lounge is a great place to enjoy a drink and watch the action of Congress Street. Room gets only very good because it was quite small.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Hello from Austin, and thank you for the 5 Star review! When you visit us again, please ask for a larger room, as even though this is an historic property, we do have larger rooms and will do our best to make sure you are in one on your next stay! Thank you and looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The valet staff was excellent and even set my luggage up in my room. The restuarant "Roaring Fork" that is connected to the building is an added plus but the hotel actually has it own restaurant too. The bar on the second floor is nice as it is connected to a balcony/patio that raps around the entire length of the hotel on Congress and 7th streets (lots of room). It's nice to go sit on the patio and people watch (because you are looking down on everything and your above all the bustle) and relax at the end of the day.

The hotel is beautiful. It's an old building from the 1920's and has been restored recently. My room was gorgeous. Great location downtown in Austin (walking distance to the Capital and 6th Street).

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Linda, on behalf of the entire InterContinental Stephen F Austin, I'd like to thank you for the wonderful comments from your recent stay! We're thrilled to have met your needs and expectations, and truly look forward to seeing you again real soon. We'll save a seat for you in Stephen F's Bar & Terrace....!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Check in was smooth and man at desk was friendly and had suggestions for dining and entertainment.
Rooms are small, think NYC sized not Texas size ! Stayed at the Hampton Inn around the corner last night and the room was 3X larger.
Decorator went a little crazy with all the patterns in one closet of a room.
What hotel remodels the entire place and does not add electrical plugs ?
Not one in the room! only in the bathroom WTH, having to crawl under bed to find a power stip.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Greetings from the InterContinental! I'm so pleased you provided comments, but hate that you did not ask where our outlets are, as we have numerous one on the side of the desk and night stands! We have a high demand from business travelers, and a top priority during our recent renovation was to make it "business friendly", so I'm truly sorry you did not see the signs indicating the power outlets. Perhaps we need to make them more visible. And yes, some of our rooms are smaller, as we are an historic property, however we do have larger ones as well. Please do ask for one on your next stay. Thank you and take care.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Spent the weekend at the Intercontinental in Austin. Staff from the Valets to the Desk Clerks were very friendly and provided great service. Regular king bed room was smaller than usual but extremely nice. Hotel is located just one block from great food, drinks and live music in Austin. Gym and terrace lounge were also very nice. Recommend for anyone visiting Austin.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Hello Miami M from the InterContinental in Austin! So glad to have hosted you recently, and sure appreciate those nice comments. Thank you!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

From the minute you walk into the beautifully decorated lobby, you know you are truly welcome by every staff member you encounter. From the valet, to the door and from the front desk, to the bar, you will be made to feel like they are glad you are there.

I had made a mistake with checkin dates when I booked my room through Expedia so I had to call them to rectify it. But I didn't have to deal with it on my own... Jamiliah, Guest Service Agent, at the hotel worked with Expedia to resolve my problem! Now that's what I call going above and beyond the call of duty. From that point, she became a friendly face I was always glad to see. I could count on her for directions, restaurant and activities suggestions, and many other Austin-specific recommendations. All hotels should have service this friendly! They are lucky to have Jamiliah and the rest of their attentive staff.

The room was perfect. Bed was the most comfortable I've had, mini bar nicely stocked, spacious open area, big, clean bathroom, remote lighting control, FAST wi-fi, and attentive room service (I asked for extra sugar for my coffee on day 1 and she kept doing so throughout my stay). If coffee is all you're going to have though, I do recommend having the complimentary coffee (or tea) in the lobby. It's good stuff and there's real cream or milk.

This was the second time I stay at the InterContinental Stephen F. Austin but it certainly won't be the last. Keep up the great work!!

Room Tip: If you rely on wifi, be sure to say so upon checkin. Most hotels know their 'weak spots.' This is general advice. I experience GREAT wifi in my room on floor 12 by the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you Felix J, for that great 5 Star survey, and for your continued business! We love that you love and recommend us! Hope to see you again real soon.