“Great Place”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Great Place”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, just one block off of crazy 6th street. The rooms are excellent with lots of space and a great lay out. The bathroom is very large with a good shower. The bed is comfortable. The large flat panel TV has tons of channels to choose from. The internet speeds are OK. The rooms have a small mini bar with a tiny little personal space to fit a couple of your own bottles of water. The air conditioner in the room works great. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post such a wonderful review of our property!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Warren
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay at Austin Icon.. Upgraded to a suite, which was a nice surprise. Service is good, and food is ok. We did have a fire alarm, and we're informed everything was fine by intercom. However we had to take the stairs, it the elevator

All in all I would recommend staying here

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking time to provide feedback from your recent stay. I apologize for the fire alarm interrruption, but am so pleased you found our property as satisfactory. I hope we are able to welcome you back soon!

Take care.
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed on the 14th floor and the room decor was modern, new and cozy. Room was not huge (we had a standard), but perfect size for my husband and I. We loved the location - close enough to explore the city. Although it was one week after South by Southwest, we expected the price to go down a but sadly, price remained the same AND we had to pay for WIFI. The fitness facility is large, although the pool is a lap pool and cannot fit more than 2 people doing laps.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie B
Thank you for the very helpful comments you left regarding your recent stay. Being an historic property, some of our guestrooms and common areas are not as large as we would like, and the pool area is certainly one we wish was a bit larger. Unfortunately we are limited to a lap pool, and I'm certainly pleased you were able to take advantage of it while you were our guest.

We appreciate your loyalty to IHG and hope to welcome you as our guest again in the near future!
Austin,TX
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We chose this hotel because of the what the price included Happy Hour, Champagne Tea hour, deluxe room, breakfast and MOST importantly late check out (2 pm). I was completely disappointed that Do Not Disturb sign was not respect. I had called prior to arrival to ensure our late check would be honored and when we checked in. Maid came around 12:45 pm to remind od us of 2 pm check ignoring the DND sign. Then around 1 pm things became loud in hallway and in next room we could hear the doors banging loudly. We had not heard anyone in room before. We decided to exit room @ 1:20.

Three others issues: loud music from 6th street district, a/c noise, and TV channel weak (D TV). We stayed on 14th floor but music goes on until 2 am then you have to deal with a/c noise. Each time it turned on it woke you. My husband is a deep sleeper and it even kept him from getting a good nite sleep. Direct TV signal would go out often.

Staff was nice except for the one maid, rooms extremely clean and large, breakfast was good, gym clean, bed was heavenly, and location is great.

BTW Roaring fork which is connected to hotel has outstanding food.

Room Tip: Ask for interior room if you plan on sleeping.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank zmkam
StepheFAustinHotel, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Stephen F. Austin, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hello and thank you for your comments, both the flattering ones and the ones we need to "work on". I do apologize for the disturbance from our housekeeping staff and hallway, and I hope you are willing to give us a second chance, this time staying in a room away from our famous 6th Street! I will be sure to bring the issues you mentioned to the appropriate departments here.

Thank you again.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is the perfect location to stay for exploring Austin. The hotel has it all - comfortable and well appointed rooms, wonderful restaurant, valet parking, and if you are lucky enough to be on a club level floor you get access to the club room. The club room has free WiFi, a full breakfast and snacks and beverages through the afternoon and evening.

The only complaint I would have is that for the price paid for the room and quality of the hotel the entire hotel should provide free WiFi - why nickel and dime guests for access.

Room Tip: The free perks are worth being paying a bit more for club level rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
We certainly appreciate the kind comments you have shared! And yes, at this time we are charging for Internet except for the Club floors; not a popular decision but at the time it is one that we much abide by. Thank you again for the feedback, and take care.
New York
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The hotel has done a great job on its remodeling and the rooms look fantastic. They are comfortable and beautiful. I love that they kept a great deal of the original detail like the Texas Star on the beds.

The hotel has a great restaurant inside that I always enjoy.

Staff is excellent and helpful. Club Lounge is great for breakfast. Location of the hotel is very convenient to all in Austin.

Room Tip: You should make sure you ask for and get a newly remodeled room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! We are so proud of our newly remodeled hotel. I do hope we are able to welcome you back one day!
Edgewood, New Mexico
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I love this hotel. Sometimes the rates don’t love me and I have to stay elsewhere on business, but occasionally I get lucky and the price is right.

This downtown IC is simply charming. It has a days-gone-by ambiance. The rooms are not huge, but to me feel rather cozy. I’ve stayed several times where I was upgraded to a suite, with French doors separating the bedroom from the parlor. I’ve always been pleased with the comfort and cleanliness of the room.

I’ve tried both the Roaring Fork Restaurant next door to the hotel, and I’ve been several times to the Stephen F Lounge. The Roaring Fork was great, and I also really enjoyed the hotel lounge. Don’t hesitate to try either one. That said, there are so many great options to dine in the area (this hotel is all about location) that you won’t have any trouble walking to find a restaurant or bar. This is a good thing, because the only parking is valet and it can be very crowded at times. I’ve found the valet to be efficient, but it is something to consider when staying at a downtown location.

On one of my stays I had an interesting thing happen. I received a phone call at 4:25AM from room service asking if I still wanted my large cup of coffee since I had a “do not disturb” sign on the door. I replied that I had the “do not disturb” sign on the door because I didn’t want to be disturbed - and that no, I had not ordered a coffee. The next day when I returned to the hotel from work I had a note of apology from the manager along with a lovely fruit/cheese tray and bottle of wine. That - is great customer service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AnotherNiteOnTheRoad
Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. AND for the lovely comments! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Take care.