“SUPER FILTHY, MOLDY AND NO ROOM SERVICE”

Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South
Ranked #129 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I have reported this hotel to the better business bureau and the Austin City Board of Health. Several groups with our wedding party checked out immediatly because of the moldy rooms and the urinated sheets.

• Stayed: April 2009

Reviewed April 6, 2009

Don't stay here on the weekend unless you are ready for a sleepless night. We arrived on a Thursday for a conference and found the hotel clean, in a great location, reasonably priced and safe.
All that changed on Friday night. Apparently there was some track meet going on in Austin and all the hooligans decided to stay in our hotel. We were next door and across the hallway from some thugs who kept SLAMMING their doors all night. Until 4 am, they slammed doors, screamed, hollered, and partied it up. We called the front desk at least six times, and they refused to call the police for noise. We begged them to do so, but they refused, stating something lame like 'we need a warrant' which is an utter and total falsehood. Refusing to provide us with service is the reason why I will never stay here again. Not only that but there was vomit in the elevator and on the lobby floors when we checked out.
I realize it's not the hotel's fault that people were noisy but the way they dealt with it was poor. They should have kicked the offending parties out.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2008

Ours was a comedy of errors, but safe to say that most of it was due to inefficiently trained staff.
To begin with, the directions given be their staff were wrong.
Our booking was wrong, we had to change rooms due to my friend needing universal handicapped room(shower stall). At first they tried to give us a room with ONE King, we needed 2 queens. The manager finally comped the second room.
My tub was dirty(I don't think it should have had black grout around the tub....it looked a lot closer to mold/mildew than decoration), my friend's sink plugged and we couldn't pay the way we wanted to pay, even after we ask them at least 3 times if they could split the bill or how else can we pay--Red Roof Inn needs to train their staff.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2008

Me and 3 girls stayed at this hotel briefly. The outside of the hotel seems nice an updated, but the inside is a different story. When we arrived the floor in our room was very damp - The room was rather bare and echoed really bad - we had to go to the front to get a remote for the TV. The nights sleep was not great and one of the beds was HORRIBLE!

The next night we arrived back late to our hotel and found that the mattress was in terrible conidition - The picture posted on this site was what it looked like. 11:30pm and a girl in our room made a call to the front desk where he was LESS that customer friendly. She had to go to the front desk for help and he was not helpful and ended calling the cops for us to leave. (when he was the real problem) We got our money back and left to find a nicer hotel! Thank goodness we left there - the cops had even mentioned it was not a nice place!

Don't STAY HERE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2007

The place was disgusting!! The moment we stepped out of the elevator, you were nearly knocked out by the smell of marijuana!! We had 5 rooms--none were supplied well. We each had about an eighth of a roll of toilet paper, and two towels. When you tried to call to get more supplies, they refused to answer the phone. Then we were treated rudely when we asked for supplies. And as if this wasn't enough, when I pulled back the covers on the bed -- there it was-- a BOOGER was wiped on the linens! We all collected our things and checked out immediately!!! I will never be guilty of staying at another Red Roof Inn!

• Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed September 16, 2007

On August 10th, I prepayed for a room at Red Roof Inn Austin South. I asked for a nonsmoking room and got a room that was filled with smoke and a soaking wet floor. I asked for another room and it was completely trashed. The third room, I got a key for would not open. The fourth room I attempted to stay in was still unsatisfactory. After we moved our luggage up and down the stairs, we finally ended up in the fourth room which the beds were not made and the head board from the bed frame was laying on top of the bed. Since I was very tired I stayed the night at this hotel, but two hours of scrambling up and down the stairs to find a room for the night definitely was not worth it!
On top of the bad service, I was charged twice for my one night stay at Red Roof Inn Austin South. I've called Red Roof Inn several times asking for the manager who is almost never at work. After finally contacting the manager, he attempted to refund the money, but the money never got refunded. He made a mistake which I was charged two more times and then credited back the two extra charges. Still to this day September 17th, 2007 I am waiting for my refund. I am very disappointed about the service I received from this hotel.
I DO NOT recommend anyone to choose this hotel! This hotel is a RIP-OFF!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Bryant, Arkansas
Reviewed July 13, 2006

We checked in on 10 July 2006 with a two night confirmed reservation through Expedia.
While visiting my sick hospitalized brother all day Tuesday the 12th of July they rented
our room to four Hispanic men who were lounging on our beds and using the bathroom when we returned later that evening. All of this while our clothes and luggage were
still where we had left them in the room. After my heated discussion with the front desk
they tried to tell us we were only registered for one night even though my copy on the
Expedia confirmation was in my hand and shown to them. They finally let us have another
room and said they would not charge for the second night of stay. They have not lived up to their word, my bill has not been corrected nor have we received the apology they said
we would receive as soon as we arreived home. My recommendation is to avoid this
motel and to not do scheduling through Expedia.

• Stayed: July 2006