“Review”

Ranked #114 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Midland, Texas
“Review”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I had a great stay at Red Roof Inn in South Austin. Clean comfortable room and Sabrina at the front desk was fantastic.Very professional and extremely helpful.She needs to be promoted. a
All the employees I came in contact with were very friendly and gracious. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Daniel R, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our staff, especially Sabrina! We love to take care of our guests with the best service possible. Our goal is to make every guest feel important, confident and delighted that they stayed with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Fremont, CA
Reviewed November 3, 2013

alright, this is a no frill, 1-star hotel. Given that and the fact you can usually get a room for fifty bucks makes it worth the 4 stars. Recently remolded, 32" LCDs, A/C, clean sing/bathroom, basic bedding, laminate flooring, fast elevator, free internet, lots of ice machines, decent clean and warm outdoor pool so all you could expect for the price and star rating. No in-room coffee, no soap/shampoos, thinner but newer towels, some freeway noise, no business center, expensive vending machines. All in all for the price I paid it was what I expected.

Room Tip: rooms facing I35 are noisey
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank arribasn
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our newly renovated property. You definitely detailed some of the perks about staying with us, as well as the items we missed. I am truly sorry about the lack of shampoo in your guestroom and the towel quality. Please know that we are taking appropriate steps in rectifying these issues and we look forward to welcoming you back to Austin in the near future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We only stayed at this hotel for one night as we were touring Texas but the help and advice on where to spend the little time we had was excellent! Sabrina and I think Keely (sorry if I have got that wrong) really went the extra mile to help us enjoy our stay. Their local knowledge was fantastic and we had a brilliant time exploring the 4th music capital of the world.. so much so it took me several days to recover!
The hotel was spotless and the rooms quiet and comfortable. Please watch out for rip off cab drivers though! We were overcharged $15 by an opportunistic driver, arranged by the hotel, so please be aware of this.
Apart from that.. very pleasant stay and if I were to venture to that neck of the woods again I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
I am so happy to hear how great of a time you had in Austin while staying at our newly renovated property! The service you received from Sabrina is many of the perks we love to offer here! Your comments are greatly appreciated and I will make sure Sabrina is aware of your great stay!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Good location and great value for a hotel in Austin. It was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly. Downtown as well as many attractions can be reached in a very short drive. It would be great if they offered breakfast with the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your stay. We truly appreciate your kind words and will be taking note of your recommendation to add breakfast to our amenities. For the time being, our 24 hour lobby coffee and tea service has been a hit and we look forward to welcoming you back to Austin again real soon!
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I cant even click on a rating dot for this hotel because there is not a rating for the MOST DISGUSTING place ever!!!! I stayed 4 nights at this horrible place and on the morning I was to leave guess what I found in my bed??? Somebody's pants!!! YES! PANTS! They were woman's athletic pants! This means that my sheets were never changed since the last person was at the hotel!! This type of thing have NEVER happened to me and I travel frequently!!!! Now, they did comp my weekend and told me that the GM was going to be contacting me, I'm still waiting. Please do not sty at this hotel! Oh, and did I tell you about the prostitute that walked into the hotel? I don't know what they are running, possibly a brothel. Please do not stay at this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank lovetotravel10395
Daniel R, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share you experience. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues that occurred during your stay, I want you to know these are not normal or re-occurring issues here. The issues you have mentioned have since been addressed in a way that will prevent them ever from happening again. As the newly appointed GM at this property, the quality and service to our guests is of the utmost importance to me. I can assure you we are evaluating the entire operation to insure we have correct measures in place to make all of our guests feel comfortable, welcome, and important. I want you to know we take feedback like this very seriously, and act on it immediately. I hope you visit us again and see the improvements we have made so quickly since this stay.

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Me and three of my girl friends stayed here for a weekend out, which happened to be during a huge UT game. While other mid-range places were charging upwards of $200 a night, this spot was about $80. INCREDIBLE deal. Newly remodeled rooms with a hard floor, friendly staff, and about 3 miles outside of downtown for cheap cab rides. Overall, just a really good all around experience.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank xAngelaMarie
Daniel R, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! My team and I are very pleased that you and your guests enjoyed your stay. Our recently renovated property was done for valued guests like yourself who appreciate clean contemporary decor featuring hardfloor floors and flat screen tv's as well as comfortable new beds and modern european styled baths.

We are very pleased that our Red Roof Inn earned your kudos and we look forward to welcoming you back again for another girls weekend here in Austin!
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at this RRI for the weekend. Sharief was the gentleman working the front desk and we can't state enough what a great customer service we received from him. From the moment we checked in, he went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. He was very friendly, extended our checkout by 1 hour and when we complained about the loud tv coming from the next door room, he promptly corrected the disturbance. During my lifetime I've had the chance to stay at some well known 5 star hotels, and even then I have not received such a great customer service! Tell Sharief to keep up the great work and perhaps, give him a well-deserved raise!!! :)

• Stayed September 2013
Daniel R, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments here, We truly appreciate the nice things you've said about us and especially Shareif. We will be sure he is aware of your compliments! We strive to provide the best service and accommodations at our brand new renovated hotel. We hope to welcome you back very soon!