“Great price, great room, BUT...”

Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South
Ranked #128 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We arrived to the inn late at night. The staff were friendly even at the time. When we opened the door to our room, it didn't smell bad, but it didn't smell that great either. Turned on the lights, one of the beds weren't made completely (suspicious... Good thing we bring our own sheets). The beds were comfortable though. The renovations made the room clean. The air conditioning was loud; on and off every 10/15 minutes. The toilets made that loud leaky warning sound all night. Overall, for the price, the inn was great.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank girlofgossip
Daniel R, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us see what our guests experience. We will be addressing the issues you mentioned to prevent another incident like this from occurring again. We strive to ensure our guests are satisfied and comfortable in our brand new rooms and hope that you will return again and see us!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

It has been completely remodeled, with finished floors, which makes the room feel 10 times cleaner, than nicer hotels with carpet. It is very up to date & beautiful. Sharieff was very friendly & professional! Anytime we needed anything, they gave it to us right away. The overall stay was great, i would most definetly recommend staying here, it feels just as nice, if not nicer than most expensive hotels. I plan on coming to austin more often & staying here every time!

• Stayed: July 2013

Greetings and thank you for your very nice comments about our newly renovated inn. We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your review online and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We drove all night from California and arrived at the Red Roof Inn Austin South at 6 am. I asked if we could check in early even if we had to pay for the room. Sherief said that the earliest a room would be open was @9 am but he would have to clear it with management. We came back at 9 and Sabrina was working the desk, they had a room ready with a key and my name on it. I was so glad to get to check in early at no cost and the customer service was some of the best customer service that I have ever had at a hotel. Ill definitely stay at a RRI again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post your review online. I am ecstatic to hear of how well our staff took care of your needs. We strive to provide the best service and accommodations at an affordable price and our newly renovated rooms add extra value to the mix. We hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you very soon. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had a Sunday noon meeting with my association and was just going to drive up that morning but a the weekend approached decided I'd see if I could get a decent rate/room via Priceline. I got the Red Roof Inn Austin South and was happy as I had stayed there a couple times in the past. I got a deluxe king room, newly remodeled with laminate floor, Euro-style fixtures, spacious with desk area also.
I think the RRI is much nicer than its star rating implies, and folks that don't like it need to spend more if they're not happy. For a very reasonable rate, I got a nice room, good wifi, free parking right outside the door, and courteous and helpful service from the front desk.
My only negatives are that my room on the highway side is a bit noisy, but I'm a sound sleeper so no biggie. It's also right on the feeder street of I-35 but the exits/intersections are far apart on that stretch, so getting to the hotel requires some backtracking.
I would stay there again and suggest to anyone looking for budget accomodations.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway side if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Good:
The air conditioning. That is all.

Bad:
Ants in the room.
Worst internet I've ever seen.
Room service doesn't work unless you complain.
Next to 5 other hotels that you should gladly look at first.

I guess if you plan on going on a family trip and only care to sleep then stay. If it is a business trip and you need internet (like most people now on business trips) then don't bother. It takes a good 5 minutes to load a page and that is if it doesn't timeout first.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Matthew S
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Newly remodeled, still a slight whiff of clean paint. very nice room, reasonable price. Loved hosts Sharif and Elias...they were so welcoming, recommended a great place for a Texas steak. would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I are moving to the south side of Austin and had to keep our expenses down because of that. We decided to stay at the Red Roof South Austin and have had a great experience! The hotel has just been renovated and the rooms are very nice, clean, and updated. The staff here have been extremely accommodating and Sabrina at the front desk is a standout! Very helpful and friendly. Thank you Red Roof for making our stay with you one of our better memories of our move...

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a pet please let them know at the front desk and they can set you up in th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family