“Pleasant personnel.”

Ranked #116 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“Pleasant personnel.”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I stay at this hotel frequently. It is conveniently located and has good service.
We particularly like it when we have an early morning flight out of the Austin airport- it is easy
to get to the airport from this location and the traffic is light going toward the airport in the
morning. The highway near here has finished some fly-overs so traffic lights are no longer
a problem.
This visit there was a desk clerk I had not seen before, Robert, and I was surprised by his
outgoing, exceptionally friendly manner at check in - just an exceptionally nice representative for the Red Roof chain He also called us by name a few times as we were coming and going, which doesn't happen very often. (We always have good experiences with the personnel at this hotel, this was just exceptional - and I thought it worthy of a mention.)

Room Tip: There is an elevator - they have business rooms with extra amenities available or basic rooms at ve...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jackie G
Redroofaustin, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you very much for the review of our property! I will share your comments with our team. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Galena, Illinois
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I frequently stay in Austin and have tried many hotels there. After staying in the Red Roof Inn in San Marcus I thought I would give this one a try. I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean and nicely decorated. I stayed in a King Business room. It was very spacious with a wonderful large desk. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I always check drawers for bugs (after my nightmare stay at the Studio 6) and the mattress for bed bugs (just in case). There were no signs of bugs anywhere and I stayed for 6 days.

My only complaints were that their keys are very sensitive. If you put it anywhere near your phone it stops working. The staff was very nice about constantly fixing my key. I did something to the tv remote and it quit working but they were able to fix it at the front desk and were happy to help. They don't give you many towels but the maids are quick to give you clean towels when needed. I was also disappointed that there was no clothes washer or dryer but I should have looked at that before I stayed there.

All in all it was a great stay and I plan on staying there again in a few months. I think I may have found my favorite hotel in Austin, finally!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jennrs
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. All guest feedback is posted for our team members to see daily.

Thanks again and we look forward to your return visit!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here for a quick night and yeh I must admit the low rate was the reason. This is a nice location south just off of I-35 which should have been a clue, My room faced the highway and the windows offer no sound barrier to the noise right outside the window. Another noise issue are the room walls, you can actually hear people talking in the other rooms.

This is pretty much a blue collar worker stay hotel. Yup, their outside drinking and smoking in the parking lot/around the lobby outside door, hanging out in the lobby. I'd say if you were a single women you may not want to stay here because of this issue.

Families need to upgrade to one of the many other hotels around this locations

If your with a party crew hitting the night life and just need a place to crash after 6th street this place is for you.

A few tips for those who do stay here for a better stay.
-Keep in mind the cost.
-There are several other hotels of a higher brand just next door.
-Rooms not bad if you recall your College dorm days.
-Brings your own disinfectant spray and use it like you mean it.
-Turn the air ALL the way up its helps drown out the road noise, you'll still hear the larger trucks.
-If you can avoid the west side facing I-35 (east side) rooms, you may have better luck with the road noise. If you have them bring those ear plugs, you'll be glad you did.
-Be ready for incoming 2am partiers, that's when the bar's right down the road close, you will be able to hear their drunken stores, as the arrive.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the west facing side of the hotel, they face i-35 and the road noise is almost un...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MikeMcLean
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We always appreciate feedback as it helps us to improve for all our current and future guests. I have shared your comments with our staff and security company so we may do better in the future. We hope you choose Red Roof Inn for your future travels.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The rooms were old but seemed clean. The blankets were worn out and the pillows were lumpy. They didn't have extra pillows and blankets at the desk. But for the price it's hard to complain. At least it was clean. Great customer service from shereif at the front desk. He really tried to accommodate us!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank KRH22
Redroofaustin, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel! I am happy you found your room clean and great customer service. We have taking measures with our security company to ensure unacceptable disturbances are corrected immediately, thank you for bringing that to our attention. I have shared your comments with the staff and we hope to see you on your next travels through Austin.
Abilene, TX
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Good price, good location, decent rooms, excellent service. We checked in on a Friday and the staff that checked us in seemed generally interested in making our stay a good one. Everyone seemed very nice. Compared to the other hotels in the area, the price at the Red Roof was great. You have easy access to 290/71 and I-35. The room was bigger than expected and very clean. The beds left something to be desired, but were acceptable.

There were a few things that made us uncomfortable. When we first pulled up in the parking lot, we found that a couple of the parking spaces around front were occupied with folks sitting down drinking on a couple cases of beers. I couldn't say with 100% certainty if they were members of staff or not, but I do know that the "party" got bigger and moved to the back of the parking lot later that evening as we were returning from dinner. I like a good party, but I'm just not sure having it in a hotel parking lot when patrons are trying to park is a good idea. Also, on Friday and Saturday nights the noise level was pretty bad. We had a tough time sleeping both nights and it was a running joke that we were staying at the "Red Roof Club". Sunday night the hotel was a totally different animal. There was no noise and we were able to get in a good sleep.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again, but not on a weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This Red Roof is not really anything special in terms of appearance or location. However, an evening manager by the name of Sherief B made our stay as close to first class as possible by going above and beyond the call of duty in many aspects. Just to give an example, one evening he extended the pool hours for an extra half hour then proceeded to bri ng everyone fresh towells poolside. Thanks again you really made a great impression!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Redroofaustin, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for the positive feedback on the customer service Sherief provided during your stay.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I checked-in at this Red Roof Inn on the night of the 26th of June for three nights.The hotel is located 10 minutes south of 6th Street and right off I-35.It's clean,rates are reasonable,and close to different highways that one can use to get to where they desire to go with ease.The staff is very friendly and helpful.I would stay here on the next trip to Austin.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We look forward to your next visit to Austin.