“Close to down and really nice!”

Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South
Ranked #114 of 203 Hotels in Austin
“Close to down and really nice!”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This hotel is close to downtown theres alot of food places close bye.the room was very clean every time we asked for towels they didnt have a problem giving us some I was afraid of stayin here from some of the reviews but over all it was good ill be stayin here everytime we come to austin

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I cannot thank the staff here enough for extending warmth, kindness to me and my family in our time of grief. Thank for for making our stay pleasant and worry free. God bless you! <3

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LCH2001
RedRoof258, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
Thank you for the kind words, we appreciate you staying with us while in Austin. Please contact us if we can be of any assistance.

Management
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 27, 2011

I booked this hotel for one night on Austin City Limits weekend. It was perfect for just a place to lay our heads. The price was reasonable, and we were still close enough to downtown to have a blast! I highly recommend this as an affordable place for a short stay in Austin.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I stay at this location every time I visit my parents. The location is central located for me. The staff is ALWAYS friendly and the rooms are clean. They are pet friendly at no extra cost & the rates are ALWAYS reasonable, no matter if it is peak season or not. I have a few people I would like to Thank, for making my stay GREAT as usual. Laquetta Wallace for trying to help me find my reservation that I made online, so she could accommodate my room preference, that was not available online. Laquetta, was so patient, calm, caring & understanding. Charla Hann was also patient, calm, caring & understanding. Charla did find my reservation after have to reset the system, she made the corrections and changes quickly & efficiently. I never got the pleasure to meet Charla face to face, but I can tell you, when I spoke to her on the phone you could hear her gleaming smile from cheek to cheek. Dale the manager of this location for checking me in early with a friendly smile. Dale did a WONDERFUL job training his staff with such skill to be able to handle any task in a professional way, regardless if he is on site or not. LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!! SHERIEF BROWN THIS GENTLEMAN IS A GO GETTER, OVER ACHIEVER, PEOPLE PLEASER, HARD WORKER, WANTS TO MAKE EVERYONE OF HIS GUEST HAPPY! THERE WAS NEVER AT ANY TIME THAT I CAME DOWNSTAIRS AND DID NOT SEE SHERIEF BUSY WORKING TO ACCOMMODATING HIS GUEST. HE WANTS HIS GUEST TO FEEL LIKE THEY ARE AT HOME, AND LET ME TELL YOU HE DID JUST THAT, WITH HIS SMILE, KINDNESS, CARING, COMPASSION, DEDICATION & HIS SINCERITY & IT WAS TRULY SINCERER, I FELT IT! SHERIEF GOES OVER & BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY FOR HIS GUEST. I did not realize there where still people in the world like WONDERFUL people I met at my stay this time. If the world had more people like these people the world would be a much better place. HATS OFF TO ALL THE TERRIFIC STAFF AT THE RED ROOF INN in Austin TX #258. I have always recommended this establishment to friends & family, I will most defiantly continue recommending this location to anyone I know that is heading to Austin. Thanks again for making my stay one that I will never forget. Best Regards, Cindy Howe-Victoria, TX

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Yamhill, OR
Reviewed August 23, 2010

This hotel for us was just your basic budget hotel experience: cheap mattress, well-worn and stained sheets, slim pillows, only two small bath towels, shoddily repaired door, water damage in the shower, small TV, significant freeway noise, no breakfast, weak coffee, and a pay-for-it safe for valuables. We were just staying one night, and my wife did sleep well. The exterior does look like something more upscale.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

springfield, Mo
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Rooms were a lot cleaner than some of the up scale motels I've stayed in. Was particularly impresses with the staff. They were so polite and helpful to a stranger that needed a lot of help finding the places I needed to visit. Although I was only there for two nights, i would definitely recommend this hotel. They were never too busy to help out.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Seneca, South Carolina
Reviewed June 14, 2010

The second night in room 430 of this hotel began to be the most awful experience of my life. I woke up thinking I was being biten by mosquitos but it wasn't. It was Scabies and they had dug into my skin in the back of my knees, my waist, my back,in fact, all over me. I could not believe the intensitive of the biting. They moved me to another room but the damage to my body was done. I am home now and under a doctor's treatment I am still suffering from these awful bites. If you have booked a room in this Red Roof Inn South, Austin, Texas, you would truly be wise to cancel your reservations as soon as possible or take your own fumigation system with you. Yikes!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business