“DON'T STAY HERE!”

Ranked #181 of 203 Hotels in Austin
San Francisco, California
“DON'T STAY HERE!”
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I paid about $32 for the hotel a night and let me tell you... you get what you pay for! It was disgusting. When you get to the hotel, you think it's ok but when you get into the room... beware! The carpets are enough to make you throw up. There are stains every couple of inches. Don't even get me started on the bathroom! The tub was stained blacked, the door had holes in it, and the toilet had burn marks. Oh, and the sheets? They had burn marks and holes too. The cabinets and drawers were falling off and one drawer was so broken they attempted to hide it behind the desk. It was beyond a dump. And, the staff called my room at 3:15 saying my plunger was ready for pick up. Excuse me? I didn't call for a plunger! GET THE ROOM RIGHT! Let's just say... I got out of there the next morning. I would have left as soon as I got there, but there was no where else to go.

Trust me, you DO NOT want to stay here...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank beyonddisgusted

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed October 28, 2010

It is a dump and if it hadn't been pushing midnight when we got there we would have walked out. Frankly I wish that we had gone ahead and done just that. In fact I really wish that I had read the reviews for this place on Trip Advisor before we had booked because the $45 per night was not worth it at all.

There is an earlier review that made the same points that I am making so I am going to copy and paste them with annotations.

Quote #1 "This place is an absolute nightmare! It look's extremely nice and suitable on THE OUTSIDE! The inside is filthy and sickening, the walls are covered with dirt. The carpets are full of all sorts of abnormalities, cigarette hole burns, stained."

Very much true. Also they essentially blew off any requests for extra pillows or anything of the kind.

Quote #2 "the room along with the hotel smells like a crack house."

This was true as well. It seems that the entire hotel is smoking and the smell permeated everything.

Quote #3 "This has to be the worse hotel I have ever seen, DO NOT COME HERE IF YOU ARE WITH A FAMILY, ON A ROMANCE GET AWAY, OR EVEN TRYING TO RELAX! This place is definitely for those who absolutely cannot afford to stay anywhere else, or the other nicer hotels in Austin are completely booked. They really should just shut the place down."

The reason that we booked a room there is because we had stayed at another Extended Stay in Austin two years ago and the place shone like a new penny. Basically we will never stay at any branch of this chain again. I would rather park at a truck stop and put seats back and try to sleep rather than stay at any Extended Stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank azlib69

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Pune, India
Reviewed August 8, 2010

It costs just $40 if you stay for long time. I have been here for 6 months. Staff here is very helpful. Specially Richard helped me with keys after hours without complaining. He was very friendly. Tacie was also very friendly on front desk.
MAke sure to book room at the backside as the front can be very noisy due to freeway in front. But backside of the hotel is very peaceful.
Room service is good. Once my AC broke and was leaking. They fixed it within a day.
Also,it is at a walkable distance from Walmart. So, if you don't have a car, you can still walk to Walmart.
The breakfast is served between 6-9 am. To get breakfast you cannot be late. Otherwise fruits will be out of stock. Optimum time would be 7-8 am.
Be careful of your stuff and don't leave money unlocked in the bag. I lost $25 from my room. Though I never complained about it, but was careful from next day.
But it is not that bad place to stay considering the rates here.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank pravin1779
Michigan
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I stayed there recently on April 25th 2009, This place is an absolute nightmare! It look's extremely nice and suitable on THE OUTSIDE! The inside is filthy and sickening, the walls are covered with dirt. The carpets are full of all sorts of abnormalities, cigarette hole burns, stained, my husband even says that he noticed one spot of the hotel that there was blood stained on the carpet! The inside of our hotel room was beyond repairable, the room a long with the hotel smells like a crack house. The toilet was leaking, the bath tub had stains covering the entire tub. Mold on top of the ceilings with paint literally PEELING OFF! The front desk lady Heather has to be the absolute worse front desk lady in the history of hotels! I only had to speak to her several times, every time she would be busy talking on her cell phone, talking about having SEX with an male ON THE JOB, and continued to LIE and say she would take care of our needs, she even showed attitude towards me when I asked her why an issue I asked her assistance from 4 days ago was never taken care of! This has to be the worse hotel I have ever seen, DO NOT COME HERE IF YOU ARE WITH A FAMILY, ON A ROMANCE GET AWAY, OR EVEN TRYING TO RELAX! This place is definitely for those who absolutely cannot afford to stay anywhere else, or the other nicer hotels in Austin are completely booked. They really should just shut the place down.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheHonesTraveler
los angeles
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I'm not going to candy coat it!!! From the outside it looks cool, but as soon as I open the our bedroom door, it has to be the dirtiest dump I've ever "almost" stayed in.
Let me draw the picture "hair and food crumbs sweeped in the bathroom floor corner, a hole in back end of the tub (really) tub dripping, the ceiling in the bathroom had about a 10 in. blister of paint or mold ready to burst, chunks kick out of the dresser, all the carpet through-out room & Duluxe Hotel was dirty and stain.

We cancelled both days and went all the back to San Antonio and stayed at a real Duluxe Hotel "Staybridge Suites La Cantera" We've stayed at a Extended Stay in S.F. and it was far better than that dumpy joint. That's a fact jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank littledog69
Houston Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2008

For $40 a night this wasn't too bad. If you are looking for something fancy this isn't it. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The bed was fine, but the pillows were either too big or too small, maybe I am just fussy. I booked two double rooms, but for some reason all they had were suites, this wasn't a problem for my wife and I, but my two friends didn't want to share a bed. There was a pull out bed in the suite, so it wasn't too bad, But,still not what I asked for on priceline, maybe that was Priceline's fault and not the hotels though. I was told the swimming pool was very nice and the gym looked good, so overall a fine place to stay if you are on a budget.

• Liked — suite was nice and big with fridge/freezer and 2 TVs.
  • Disliked — It was just a little worn.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2004

Stayed 8/13-8/15, 2005 Because our dogs were welcome and it was so nice I felt compelled to write a review. This was the cleanest hotel I have visited recently. The rooms were not spacious but cozy and having a full-size refrigerator was a plus. The grounds are absolutely beautiful with nice grass and lots of trees. Continental breakfast was great both mornings. For the budget-minded traveler this place is the perfect choice. We will stay here every time we visit Austin. Location is good, too.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member