See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Poor poor poor. Assistant GM Brittany is not proactive in problem solving. The GM never returned my call. The hotel caters to scum, crack addicts, prostitutes, I smelled pot on first floor as I toured. They false advertise online. Saying "We haven't remodeled yet". Well you can remodel all day long. It doesn't change the quality of people or poor safety for us families looking for a proper place to stay. I have a special needs child and service dog. I couldn't wait to run far away from this place.
LM Austin Texas

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank xxLalax
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The lobby area was clean and bright. The room however WAS NOT!! let's just say you get what you pay for. I didn't see any other rooms but the one I paid for was not satisfactory in my book. There were dead bugs inside the room and in the hallway leading to it. Questionable stains on the carpet, missing drawers in the kitchen, doors were broken, bad location...just to name a few. The bed was comfortable but that is about the only positive thing I can say about the room. I would seriously consider remodeling before any more people stay here because all those bugs and stains can be a health hazard. Basically a lawsuit waiting to happen!! Thank God I only stayed one day!!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Natarid89
Reviewed July 13, 2014

To say that this place is a disaster would be an understatement. It reminded me more of a drug dealer party. There were people everywhere who looked like they were up to no good. Our daughter was terrified! We were willing to let this slide since we were just passing through for the night. However, we were given two "non-smoking" rooms that reeked of smoke. There were people all over the hallways and music blasting...People going in and out of rooms...all at 1am. The hallways were filthy.... We got our stuff and left! YUCK!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank sarahknour
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am so sorry to read that your non-smoking rooms had a smoke odor and that you experienced cleanliness issues in our common areas. Please know that I will be working with my staff to better enforce our non-smoking room policies to ensure that your experience is not repeated. I will also be meeting with my housekeeping staff to review cleanliness standards to ensure that our common areas are clean. As well, I am so sorry to read that you did not feel safe at our location. We work very hard at our hotel to ensure that our guests are safe. I will share your comments with my security staff so that we can prevent this from happening again in the future. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sthau@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have stayed on other hotels of this chain with a very positive experience. But I am not returning to this one. We reserved a non smoking room, and the room smelled like smoke. The First floor carper was dirty and stained. The furniture looked abused.The bathtub was moldy. The upper floors looked and smelled nicer, but I cannot make a comparison. This hotel is no-no for me.

Room Tip: Not the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Lorena G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Lorena - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are very sorry that we were not able to accommodate your room request and that your room was not satisfactory. We will be reviewing our reservation policy to ensure your experience is not repeated. We will also be meeting with our housekeeping staff to make sure rooms are cleaned properly and smell fresh.

We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at AMT@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

To start, I called the hotel prior to arrival to make them aware that I would be arriving after midnight. The hotels reservation associate took the call because there was no one available at the front desk to take the call.I had attempted to call three times before I pressed the telephone option to speak to someone in reservations.This was ppm in the daytime during daytime hours. I was told by the reservations associate over the phone that the message would be given to the front desk.I was instructed to use the phone outside upon arrival to reach an associate.

Once I arrived at the hotel at, some point there were cops on the side of the building handling some type of issue.I was a bit frightened as I was traveling alone.

To add to the unpleasant experience, I used the exterior phone to reach the front desk and there was no one available again. I called at least five times. I left and came back to the phone with still no answer.I
Then went and sat in the car for a while.

I decided to call another location to try to get a room there.The associate told me at that time that they spoke with someone from the location I was at.They assured me the the associate at the location had stated to them that they would be there immediately. Another 15 minutes passed and there was no associate.

Finally a young couple who was also looking for a front desk associate due to being locked out of their room let me in the door.An associate finally came to the front desk about 10 mins later.

Richard, the night front desk was very apologetic .I told him although it may not have been two hours as I I originally thought it had surely been over an hour I had been waiting. I later told Richard it was "OK". I asked that he allow for a later check out to accommodate me.I had been driving all night. He stated that 12pm was usually the latest allowed and he would leave a note for the morning crew for me.

I was at peace and felt accomodated with the situation until I received a knock from housekeeping around 1030 asking me if I was checking out.I said yes and stated that I had asked for a later checkout ...only one hr!..12pm, since I had such a long and frustrating wait to check in.I had been on the road all night.

At about 11:10am I received a knock on the door from Ruth.I told her my check in experience. She basically told me I was lying without saying it.She stated that Richard told her it had only been 15 minutes.I told her that was not correct.She then said in an aggressive tone "what do you want me to do about it"! Over the course of the conversation she kept repeating in an aggressive rude tone that check out was at 11am and that I needed to be out of the room right now. I asked her to please give me a few minutes as I was still dressing and packing up.She seemed to be OK with this at the time.

Less than 10 minutes later housekeeping came back by and asked was I checking out.

5 minutes later Brittany from the front the desk called and asked when was I checking out. I stated to her that several people have already came by .She then rudely asked me "how long is exactly a few minutes?".

All of this happened within the 11:00 am hr.!

I then knew that Ruth thought it appropriate to have her staff bagger me until I left.

I asked for the corporate contact.She then stated with a sarcastic grin that she would be happy to give me the contact information.

I tried to speak with her calmly about the situation. She then put her hand up and stated in summary that she did not want to hear anything I had to say. She continued to make unprofessional comments and
gestures as if she was winning some type of ghetto brawl.

I will continue to use the
Extended Stay brand.

However I pray that this hotel find the time to train management and employees on quality customer service.

Management from atleast this shift was poor and her employees followed her classless lead.

If one's primary mission is not to deliver quality customer service and CARE the employee should not be in hospitality. Even if the staff was pressed for time there is a proper way to respond . Remember how you treat people.You may one day have to be that customer ...

I will pray for her evilness and arrogance.When you are a leader and don't lead you will reap what you sow.

Not to mention the the refrigerator exterior and interior was unclean along with the toilet.

RCV