See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed at Extended Stay Austin, North Central from May 9-13, 2013. Room was fine, bed comfortable, carpets a little worn and looked not so clean. But overall for the price it was fine. I'm not totally picky and usually fine if room is clean.

Room Tip: One thing though...if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway because otherwise it's fairly noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2013

day staff are argumentative and rude. I was only contacted regarding paying my bill which was always wrong. I was charged for another rooms fees and was spoken down to by Colette and Martin at the front desk when I seeked clarification.
Never once did they offer to clean my roim in the ELEVEN nights I was a guest.
They charged my friends credit card Without Authorization.
My room key was deactivated at least 7 times during my stay.
Absolutely THE WORST customer service I have ever experienced.
THE CUSTOMER IS WRONG HERE..

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Lizzard69
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the staff not being able to attend to your needs appropriately. Please know, Colette and Martin were only trying to help you; however, I am disheartened to hear that their communications were not executed in the best way possible. As well, we did charge a third party credit card, per the authorized form, for your first 2-nights at the hotel as requested. After that, payments were scheduled as your stay was extended. I am sorry if that message was not conveyed properly. We would never charge a card without the proper authorization first.

Again, please accept our most sincere apologies for the issues you experienced while staying with us. We hope you had a good stay overall and will join us again at any one of our brand locations throughout the U.S. and Canada.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We booked this hotel through Expedia and was initially kind of wary of what it would look.
Our stay was very pleasant and it exceeded our expectation.
The check-in was smooth and easy. The attendant was friendly and helpful.
Our room was pretty spacious with a full kitchen (full fridge, pots and pans, plates, bowls, cups, silver wares, stove, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, and a coffee maker, a living room (that can be converted to another sleeping area), a bedroom, and a bathroom space (only bar soap is provided, you need to bring your own shampoo and and conditioner; they also have irons and hairdryer).
A grab and go breakfast is provided between 6 AM - 9.30 AM. They serve apples, oranges, instant oatmeal, coffee, tea, cocoa, muffins, and granola bars.
Plenty of parking space. We didn't get to use their swimming pool or fitness center.
We were locked out of our room one night and the manager swiftly resolved the situation.
Though the carpet needs a little touch up and the air needs to be freshened up, our overall stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

so me and my two friends checked in at about 11 pm we went up to our room opened the door and we saw a bag on the counter then a the sudden we hear someone say hello? SOMEONE WAS SLEEPING IN OUR ROOM! so my friends ran down the hall and I stayed in case this person wanted to know why we broke into their room. but instead he locked the door. so we go downstairs and tell the lady at the from desk that she booked us someone's room and all she said was sorry. didn't offer a discount or refund or anything! then she says there is only one room available so we take it and we ask if if is non smoking because we wanted a non smoking. so we get to our room and there are cigarette burns in the bathroom and on the countertops in the kitchen area. and the floor was really sticky! so we decide to go downstairs to the vending machine and when we get in the elevator three other people get in with us and the three people all have blunts in their hands. it smelled like weed in the elevator and in the lobby. so we go into the vending machine room and the vending machine doesn't take quarters. overall it was just a very weird expierence. I'm not gonna lie it was pretty funny considering I'm 18 and it was my first time being in a hotel without an adult. so my friends and I thought the whole thing was hilarious but yeah the hotel was pretty bad.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank jessicajean0_o
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding being checked into an already occupied room is truly regrettable. In addition, we are very sorry for your experience you encountered with some of our other guests. Your comments were reviewed by the entire staff, and we will make sure everyone is aware of the need to inform Management when we have a guest practicing these types of activities in our hotel. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at amt@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience. Thank you!

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

First we did a reservation for a non smoking room and as we cheked in late, the reception guy told us that they just had one room left and it was a smoking one, and if we didn't want it, we nedded to look for another hotel, so at 10pm, we didn't have a choice but stay. When we first opened  the door, the most shocking thing was the cigar odor mixed with air refreshner odor, it was just nasty. Then the sofa bed was really dirty and smelly. I think that the worse part was when I took off my shoes and putted my barefeet on the carpet... SO sticky, like it has never been cleaned. It was just the worse hotel room that I have ever been in. Then in the morning, when went to have "breakfast"  there was just coffee, hot water, apples, baby muffins and oatmeal to go. That was it. So I was thirsty and I asked the clerk for water, as simple as a glass of  water and the answer was: 'you have a filter in the sink in your room'... and I didn't wanted to go back to that nasty room. So that was it. Worse hotel ever!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank VeronicaMontilla
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Veronica - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am so disappointed that the room type you booked was not available at your time of check-in. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to be working on how to handle reservation requests moving forward. In addition, I have met with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to make them aware of the guest room issues you experienced during your stay at our hotel.

I really appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at amt @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.