“Will never be back”

Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central
Ranked #172 of 199 Hotels in Austin
“Will never be back”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The room was dirty, and when they came in to clean it was equally dirty!! There were crickets all around my room that would not let me sleep and the last day before I left I killed two huge cockroaches!!
When talking to the staff they told me " well, there are a lot of crickets in Texas" and " oh , those should be water roaches" - as if I was expected to get those!!
I paid the price of going to a lower budget hotel.....never again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Agamboaj
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Austin - North Central. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Laguna Hills, California
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Do not waste your time, money or safety on this DUMP. Rude staff, lazy employees, filthy rooms, washers and dryers that don't work. You are really scraping the bottom of the barrel if you have to stay here!

Room Tip: To choose a good room, stay somewhere ELSE!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Clare S

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

NYC
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I had to be in Austin for about a week and, in an attempt to cut costs, I booked a room at this hotel. Upon check in, the hotel was clearly below my normal standard and not at all that clean; however, I thought I could suck it up for the time I was there. On the fourth day, I began to feel my skin crawling as well as the itching and random "stings" associated with scabies (I got scabies in college so was familiar with the symptoms). I initially thought it was all in my imagination from staying at such a low budget hotel. It wasn't. While it is uncommon to catch scabies from bed linens or towels, it is possible--especially in rather unclean places. Also, symptoms do show up quickly in persons who've been previously exposed. I went to a doctor when I returned home and he confirmed I'd contracted scabies. It took several weeks to get rid of these and the cost of the doctor, prescribed medicines along with the treatments I chose to rid myself of this parasite were rather costly. I will never again spare any expense for a nice, clean hotel room. I obviously do not recommend anyone stag here. It is rundown, dirty, smelly and parasite infested. Also, I am positive I contracted this at this hotel and not from contact with a person--I'd had mo contact with other people for a considerable amount of time.

• Stayed September 2011
5 Thank kaleidostar
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I paid about $32 for the hotel a night and let me tell you... you get what you pay for! It was disgusting. When you get to the hotel, you think it's ok but when you get into the room... beware! The carpets are enough to make you throw up. There are stains every couple of inches. Don't even get me started on the bathroom! The tub was stained blacked, the door had holes in it, and the toilet had burn marks. Oh, and the sheets? They had burn marks and holes too. The cabinets and drawers were falling off and one drawer was so broken they attempted to hide it behind the desk. It was beyond a dump. And, the staff called my room at 3:15 saying my plunger was ready for pick up. Excuse me? I didn't call for a plunger! GET THE ROOM RIGHT! Let's just say... I got out of there the next morning. I would have left as soon as I got there, but there was no where else to go.

Trust me, you DO NOT want to stay here...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank beyonddisgusted
Dallas, TX
Reviewed October 28, 2010

It is a dump and if it hadn't been pushing midnight when we got there we would have walked out. Frankly I wish that we had gone ahead and done just that. In fact I really wish that I had read the reviews for this place on Trip Advisor before we had booked because the $45 per night was not worth it at all.

There is an earlier review that made the same points that I am making so I am going to copy and paste them with annotations.

Quote #1 "This place is an absolute nightmare! It look's extremely nice and suitable on THE OUTSIDE! The inside is filthy and sickening, the walls are covered with dirt. The carpets are full of all sorts of abnormalities, cigarette hole burns, stained."

Very much true. Also they essentially blew off any requests for extra pillows or anything of the kind.

Quote #2 "the room along with the hotel smells like a crack house."

This was true as well. It seems that the entire hotel is smoking and the smell permeated everything.

Quote #3 "This has to be the worse hotel I have ever seen, DO NOT COME HERE IF YOU ARE WITH A FAMILY, ON A ROMANCE GET AWAY, OR EVEN TRYING TO RELAX! This place is definitely for those who absolutely cannot afford to stay anywhere else, or the other nicer hotels in Austin are completely booked. They really should just shut the place down."

The reason that we booked a room there is because we had stayed at another Extended Stay in Austin two years ago and the place shone like a new penny. Basically we will never stay at any branch of this chain again. I would rather park at a truck stop and put seats back and try to sleep rather than stay at any Extended Stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank azlib69
Pune, India
Reviewed August 8, 2010

It costs just $40 if you stay for long time. I have been here for 6 months. Staff here is very helpful. Specially Richard helped me with keys after hours without complaining. He was very friendly. Tacie was also very friendly on front desk.
MAke sure to book room at the backside as the front can be very noisy due to freeway in front. But backside of the hotel is very peaceful.
Room service is good. Once my AC broke and was leaking. They fixed it within a day.
Also,it is at a walkable distance from Walmart. So, if you don't have a car, you can still walk to Walmart.
The breakfast is served between 6-9 am. To get breakfast you cannot be late. Otherwise fruits will be out of stock. Optimum time would be 7-8 am.
Be careful of your stuff and don't leave money unlocked in the bag. I lost $25 from my room. Though I never complained about it, but was careful from next day.
But it is not that bad place to stay considering the rates here.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank pravin1779
Michigan
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I stayed there recently on April 25th 2009, This place is an absolute nightmare! It look's extremely nice and suitable on THE OUTSIDE! The inside is filthy and sickening, the walls are covered with dirt. The carpets are full of all sorts of abnormalities, cigarette hole burns, stained, my husband even says that he noticed one spot of the hotel that there was blood stained on the carpet! The inside of our hotel room was beyond repairable, the room a long with the hotel smells like a crack house. The toilet was leaking, the bath tub had stains covering the entire tub. Mold on top of the ceilings with paint literally PEELING OFF! The front desk lady Heather has to be the absolute worse front desk lady in the history of hotels! I only had to speak to her several times, every time she would be busy talking on her cell phone, talking about having SEX with an male ON THE JOB, and continued to LIE and say she would take care of our needs, she even showed attitude towards me when I asked her why an issue I asked her assistance from 4 days ago was never taken care of! This has to be the worse hotel I have ever seen, DO NOT COME HERE IF YOU ARE WITH A FAMILY, ON A ROMANCE GET AWAY, OR EVEN TRYING TO RELAX! This place is definitely for those who absolutely cannot afford to stay anywhere else, or the other nicer hotels in Austin are completely booked. They really should just shut the place down.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple