“Delicious! I can't believe I ate that”
Review of Gourdough's

Gourdough's
Ranked #1 of 106 Dessert in Austin
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The doughnuts are nuts! My wife and I each had the Flying Pig which consists of a perfectly prepared doughnut doused in maple icing with probably eight slices of bacon on top. Needless to say I didn't eat for the rest of the day. The location is situated in the middle of a food truck farm that has a lot of other great offerings.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Stopped on our way through Austin with high expectations since we had read the reviews. We ordered the strawberry shortcake one and the cinnamon and sugar doughnut. The doughnuts were way too thick and the toppings overhelmed even these large, bready doughnuts. The toppings should both complement and enhance the flavor of the dough and in this case did neither. Even on the plainer doughnut, the flavor was nonexistent. Truly disappointed!

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

The flying pig, a giant maple glazed doughnut topped with salty, crispy bacon, was one of the best indulgent foods I've ever eaten.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

You really can't get a better doughnut than they have at Gourdoughs. It really doesn't matter what you get, I guarantee you will love it. If you're craving a sweet or savory doughnut, Gourdoughs has you covered. My favorite is the famous Mother Clucker with just the right balance of salty and sweet. Let me warn you that a doughnut here is different than anywhere else. You can't toss back 2-4 doughnuts. If you eat two, you're going to walk away a very sick puppy!

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Awesome and unique. 3 of us went and our reviews are as follows:
1. Sara's Joy: coconut filling with chocolate and fresh coconut flakes. This was amazeballs.
2. The Carney: Apple filling with caramel and dry roasted peanuts. Delicious!
3. Bring the Heath: cream cheese icing with crushed heath bar sprinkled on top. This one was just ok. Very sweet but boring compared to the other 2.
Only real drawback to this place for me was standing in line for 45 minutes to get one.