“Every calorie is worth it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Gourdough's

Gourdough's
Ranked #1 of 97 Dessert in Austin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver
“Every calorie is worth it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Combine a huge slab of hot, crispy donut (no hole!) with decadent icings and a wide variety of toppings, and you have a delicious dessert snack that is hard to beat. I shared one with cream cheese icing and fresh sliced strawberries with my wife. We fought over the last bite. She won. (No surprise there - that's why we're still married after all these years.) We had to go back the next night for a Funky Monkey - a donut topped with grilled bananas, cream cheese icing and brown sugar. There is a list of about 2 dozen combinations you can choose from or you can create your own. There were lines at 10:30 pm, so join the crowd, find the converted Airstream on the corner of 6th St. and Red River and treat yourself!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank coloradojeff

Venice, Florida
“Donut Miss!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

After reading several TA reviews I thought I was ready for Gourdough's. I was wrong! This place is over the top on a donut. The Flying Pig was excellent and the wife's Mother Clucker was huge. Sharing a picnic table with a young couple who live in Austin was a good time and we learned a lot about town that you didn't read in the visitor guide. Wish I could have tried several more as the Funky Monkey sounded yummy!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank David N
Austin, Texas
“The best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have to visit Gourdough's every time I'm in Austin. Yes, it's a food truck, but it's completely worth sitting out in the sun to get one of their unbelievably delicious donuts! I've tried a few now - Flying Pig and Heavenly Hash being my favourites - and I've yet to have a bad experience. If you've never been to Gourdough's - do yourself a favour!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank VAHall
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Insane, in a good way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I don't even know what to say... best donuts ever? Amazing donuts? Crazy donuts?

It's like each one is made specifically for you, after you order. I'm thankful I don't live nearby, because I'd need an intervention.

p.s. the cream filled donut holes with frosting and coconut... so good it hurts.

• Visited October 2013
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
“Donuts done right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Do you like donuts? (If you don't, I pity you...)
Do you like extremely good, rich toppings? (If you don't, more pity...)
Do you like getting served both any time, especially late at night? (If you don't... what's wrong with you? Are you ok?!)

This is a MUST HAVE when you come to Austin! Yes, it may knock five years out of your artery health but hey... you'll die happy.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kaycie B

Been to Gourdough's? Share your experiences!