“Donut Miss!”

Ranked #1 of 104 Dessert in Austin
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed October 31, 2013

After reading several TA reviews I thought I was ready for Gourdough's. I was wrong! This place is over the top on a donut. The Flying Pig was excellent and the wife's Mother Clucker was huge. Sharing a picnic table with a young couple who live in Austin was a good time and we learned a lot about town that you didn't read in the visitor guide. Wish I could have tried several more as the Funky Monkey sounded yummy!

1  Thank David N

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have to visit Gourdough's every time I'm in Austin. Yes, it's a food truck, but it's completely worth sitting out in the sun to get one of their unbelievably delicious donuts! I've tried a few now - Flying Pig and Heavenly Hash being my favourites - and I've yet to have a bad experience. If you've never been to Gourdough's - do yourself a favour!

1  Thank VAHall
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I don't even know what to say... best donuts ever? Amazing donuts? Crazy donuts?

It's like each one is made specifically for you, after you order. I'm thankful I don't live nearby, because I'd need an intervention.

p.s. the cream filled donut holes with frosting and coconut... so good it hurts.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Do you like donuts? (If you don't, I pity you...)
Do you like extremely good, rich toppings? (If you don't, more pity...)
Do you like getting served both any time, especially late at night? (If you don't... what's wrong with you? Are you ok?!)

This is a MUST HAVE when you come to Austin! Yes, it may knock five years out of your artery health but hey... you'll die happy.

1  Thank Kaycie B
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We got the funky monkey one and it was delicious. There are multiple locations so definitely worth a try when you're in Austin. The one we went to was next to LA Barbecue but it was already sold out unfortunately. BBQ then Donuts make a good combo.

Been to Gourdough's? Share your experiences!