“LOVE LOVE LOVE”

Ranked #1 of 105 Dessert in Austin
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had the Funky Monkey and it was AMAZING! Talk about a decadent treat! My friend had the Miss Shortcake and it was also delicious! Check this place out!!

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Wanted to try a few good trucks on our recent visit to Austin so gave gourdoughs a try. We decided to share a flying pig, it was tasty but very sweet so glad we shared!
Definetly worth a visit!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

If eating a donut drowned in butter maple syrup and a heaping of bacon on top is wrong, then I never wanna be right. Found Gourdough's on Yelp on my recent trip to Austin. Even though the bf and I just ate lunch and were running late getting out of town, I insisted we stopped by Gourdough's. I had my eye on the Flying Pig (bacon with maple syrup icing) and the Funky Monkey (grilled bananas and cream cheese icing with brown sugar) while my bf had his eye on the ODB (cream filled donut holes with icing rolled in coconut), but unfortunately my stomach only had room for one, so I chose the Funky Monkey. Bacon was calling my name!

My donut, the Flying Pig, was huge, warm, crunchy on the outside yet soft inside, topped with at least 5 pieces of super crunchy bacon, and everything was drowned in a maple syrup that tastes like it has tons of butter in it. I loved everything about my donut, except I think it has too much syrup. My bf's choice, the ODB, was not as good as mine and not as described on the web site. Instead of the donut holes rolled in coconut, they were drowned in the icing and the coconut was sprinkled on top. The donut holes themselves were good, but the entire thing was entirely too sweet.

Everyone must try a Gourdough's donut before they die!!!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place is across the street from La Barbeque so it was hard to pass up on our way to the car. A friend and I shared one and still couldn't finish! They have a lot of creative combinations but beware because there is a lot of sugar involved! But the donut underneath was so good I wish they served it without all the stuff on top!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Pure heavenly yummy-ness. Nothing else to say other than I live in Cedar Park and this place is worth the drive and the calories!